Special Chapter: Bea

Kakatapos ko lang maligo kasi pinipilit ako ni Yaya. Darating na daw sila mom and dad so I need to be ready for dinner.

I put on my favourite shorts and a plain white shirt. Konting suklay lang then I will go down na.

"BEATRIZZZZ!" I heard mom screaming my name.

Opppsss lagowt na naman ako. Hindi ko na tinapos ang pagsuklay at bumaba na ako agad.

"Yes, mom?" I said trying to be innocent. I approached them to mano then hugged them.

"Ang dami na namang bagong aso sa labas anak! Pati pusa! Pinayagan ka na nga namin to have some, pero sobrang dami na nun anak!" Paninita ni mama.

I didn't answer but acted very sad. Well, I am naman talaga.

They stared at me and waited for my explanation but I didn't say anything.

Nakita kong inis na si mom kaya para na akong naiiyak.

"Kausapin mo yang anak mo!" She told my dad.

"Magbihis ka na. Ako na bahala." Dad said before mom left us. 

Nilapitan ako ni dad and hugged me tightly. Tsaka niya ako kinarga at umupo kmi sa sala.

"Dad, I was just trying to help the animals. They have nowhere to go. And besides, wala naman akong kapatid to take care of, so sila na lang..." I explained.

Napabungtong hininga si dad and said, "I understand anak. And how I wish things are different na lang and our little angel didn't have to leave us. Pero you know that no one wants to lose her diba?"

Tumango ako while on my dad's lap.

"We have to let go of the dogs too for them to find shelter and own family." He continued.

"But dad... I can take care of them..." I insisted.

"I will allow you to take at 2 but the rest needs to go. Other families can take care of them too baby..." Dad said.

I was giving him a sad face.

"How about let's visit an orphanage on your birthday na lang so you can play with other kids!" Dad suggested.

Medyo lumiwanag ang mukha on the thought that I can play with other kids.

"Talaga dad?" I verified.

"Yes, my little princess. So we have a deal okay?" Dad confirmed.

I smiled at him and jumped with so much joy.

So bakit nga ba ako ganito? I am so obsessed of having a sibling or at least pets that I can take care of.

I think I was 2 or 3 years old then when my parents told me that we'll have a new member of the family. I was too young then but dad would always tell me to take care of mom and the little angel that she is carrying. 

Every day, I will kiss mom's tummy and say 'I love you'. Well, that's what they taught me. Every day my mom's tummy grew bigger and I'm getting more excited too. Dad would often say, "Magiging ate Bea ka na!"

And I love hearing that. Me? An ate?! I am thrilled to take care of our little angel.

"Bea?" Mom called me one afternoon while I was trying to hear the sounds coming from her tummy.