𝟎𝟔

Someone was indeed here

Someone was indeed here. A black pickup truck was parked on John B's front lawn. Two guys walked towards the front porch of the house.

"Guys, guys. Is that them?" Kie asked John B and JJ. "No." JJ stated in disbelief, before pulling away from the window, ignoring Kiaras question.

I look over at John B and JJ and ask them again with fear evident in my voice "Guys is that the ?"

JJ walked away and threw his arms up into the air. "John B I told you."

I started walking over to JJ, attempting to calm him down, but John B beat me to it and pushed JJ up against the wall of the office.

"JJ, hey look at me. Where's the gun?" John B asked a very out of state looking, JJ while, fisting the front of his shirt and shaking his finger at him.

"The gun? Uh...I can't" JJ slurred his words, completely out of his mind. "Now you don't have the gun?! The one time we need the gun." Kie exclaimed in a panicked manner, bringing her hands up to her face as if praying.

"Kie, calm down it's not his fault. We're the ones always yelling at him to leave it." I stated, coming to JJ's defense.

"It was in my backpack and then—" JJ began to explain, but then, got cut off by John B. "—Your backpack it's on the porch."

At the reminder, JJ got out of John B's grip and ran out of the office, heading for the front porch, but he immediately came back running once he heard a man screaming, "John Routledge!"

"Where's the gun?" John B asks JJ, seeing as he returned empty handed. "They're on the front porch man." JJ explained as he swiftly shut the door and leaned up against it.

"Guys, we gotta get out of here." I whispered to them, panicked ."Guys, window!" Kie exclaimed, causing JJ and Pope to run over to the window to push it open, but it won't budge.

"Hurry." Kie rushed the duo. I looked over at Kie, making eye contact, only to see that we both couldn't hide the fact that we were scared for our lives at this very moment.

"What's happening? What's the hold up?" I frantically asked the two boy's.

"Why is it taking so long?" Kiara confusingly asked them. "It's paint shut, okay?" JJ harshly informs Kiara and I. I quickly run around the room, searching for a knife or something sharp to slice the paint.

I found a letter opener and swiftly ran over to the window. "Okay, guys. Guys, I got it." I say to them while, pushing them out of the way and slicing at the paint.