𝟑𝟏

"Dude, where is he?" Kie worriedly asked us as she paced up and down the dock

"Give him a second. He'll be here." Pope reassured Kie from his spot in front of the boat.

"He's coming. He'll be fine." JJ reassured us as well from the drivers seat of the boat.

I placed my hands on my head out of frustration and turned around. When I turned around I could see a cop car approaching us in the distance.

"JJ!" I called out to my boyfriend in alarm and pointed behind me.

JJ looked in the same direction where I was pointing and his eyes widened in worry. "Get back on the boat." JJ ordered all of us as he scrambled around to find the key.

I was beginning to walk backwards, but stopped in my tracks when I seen that John B hopped out of the drivers seat, not a police officer.

"Wait. No way." JJ said in disbelief.

"No f'ing way." Pope said in the same manner as JJ.

"You've gotta be kidding me." I said, chuckling at how John B was casually walking towards us as if he didn't just steal a cop car and assault an officer.

"Shoupe let me take it for a spin." John B falsely informed us.

"Okay. That's believable. I'll buy that for now." Kie sarcastically stated while chuckling and walking over to the brunette to pull him in for an embrace.

"It wasn't easy, bro, but I got the Phantom for you, and she runs like she was made yesterday. You ready to go?" JJ informed John B as he walked around to the front of the boat.

"Where's Sarah?" John B asked us as he scanned the surround area.

"She's not with you?" I asked him. "No, we got separated in the swamp. She said she'd meet me here." John B informed us.

"No, we haven't seen her." Pope stated.

"Okay, well, I'm not leaving without her." John B protested.

"John B, look at me. I know you feel bad for leaving, but there's no time, man. You've got plenty of gas, plenty of food. Once you get around that point, it's a straight shot across the sound to Dismal Swamp, okay? Once you get there, lay low, all right? Hang out for a couple of weeks and then go overland, cross the border at Brownsville, you got that? Brownsville." JJ told John B as he hopped off the boat to stand in front of him.

"Hey. Hey. I'm sorry for basically...throwing us off a cliff with this whole treasure hunt thing." John B sincerely apologized with tear brimmed eyes.