𝟐𝟑

𝐉𝐉

𝐉𝐉

As I pulled on my shoe onto my right foot, I heard the familiar horn of John B's van, notifying me he had arrived to pick me up.

We planned to go out and search for the gold again at the crazy old ladies house one last time, before devising a plan on how to gain access to it.

I pushed my front screen door open and walked down my porch steps and over to his van.

"Hey, man. Am I the last one?" I asked John B, as I climbed into the passenger seat of his van.

John B looked back at Kie and Pope with a careful look plastered on his face then, he looked back at me with the same look before saying, "Um, we are on our way to see if Y/N would like to come with us."

Just at the mention of her name, I was in pain and sorrow. My heart fell to the pit of my stomach.

I leaned back into the seat and let out a deep sigh as I ran my hands down my face and said, "You guys don't have to feel guilty about having her around, you know? It's not fair to end a friendship on my accord. The split was a mutual agreement."

"We know, it's just...it's all recent and we don't want any of you feeling uncomfortable." Kie said from the back seat. "You guys just need space and we're providing it for the two of you." Pope informed me.

"Thank you guys for that. I hope you guys aren't choosing to side with me though." I said to them.

After my statement John B pushed the vans shifting gear into drive and pressed his foot down on the gas pedal and accelerated down the bumpy road.

It's only been a few short weeks, but it feels like a lifetime since we last touched, talked, or even been in each other's company.

This breakup was one of the hardest decisions we've both ever had to make. It was with a heavy heart that we both decided that diverting paths was for the best.

"What was the reason for the breakup?" Is the question most people ask and to answer their question:

One day, we looked at each other and didn't smile or giggle like, little children riding the carousel. One day, we didn't sneak those long glances of admiration and adoration when one wasn't looking. One day, we didn't feel those same bundle of nerves, love, or warmth when we were in each other's company. One day, we didn't get excited over the little things we shared in common or point out the stuff that reminded us of one another. One day, we just stopped looking around the crowds in search of one another. One day, we didn't have to rely on one another for support or comfort.