𝟐𝟔

"Gotta be done before my scholarship interview in the morning

"Gotta be done before my scholarship interview in the morning." Pope reminded us as he pulled up to JJ's house and parked his truck on the dirt road.

"Noted." I said with a nod of my head as we hopped out of the truck.

"Okay, well, we gotta focus." Kie stated. "I know. It's gonna be fine. We got John B and JJ inside the well, and me up top. You, Y/N, and Sarah will be outside transporting." Pope restated the plan to us.

"Yeah, we got it." I said. "Yeah, we got this." Kie said agreeing with me.

"Uh, I got a winch. Yeah. That tin can hold over like...200, 300 pounds." Pope explained to us as he opened the back of his truck to grab a steel container.

"Thanks." Kie randomly thanked the boy. "Uh, what for?" Pope asked Kie in a confused tone.

"Stranding us. You know, making us make up." Kie explained referring to Sarah.

"What makes you think that was me?" Pope terribly lied with a knowing smile.

"Pope you literally—" I was about to finish my statement, but got interrupted when we heard the sound of wiring and then, the surrounding area was illuminated with warm colored string lights.

"What the hell?" Pope asked in confusion. "Who the hell is that?" Kie asked, before walking over to where she heard the noise.

We followed closely behind Kie, down a pathway that was illuminated by multi colored string lights.

Once we reached the end of the pathway, we located the source of the sound which was JJ.

He sat in front of us in a bubbling hot tub with sunglasses leaning down on the bridge of his nose and with a cider bottle in hand.

"What did you do, JJ?" I asked my boyfriend.

"I got a jet going straight in my butt right now. Y'all should get in immediately, you hear me? Salud!" JJ drunkly exclaimed in a cheerful tone.

Kie looked over at me and I disappointingly shook my head at JJ's behavior and drunken state.

"How much did this cost?" Pope seriously asked.

"Uh...Well, with the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery...pretty much all of it, yeah." JJ explained in slurred words.

"All of it?" I asked JJ in disbelief. "Yeah, all of it." JJ nonchalantly agreed.

"You spent all the money in one day?!" Pope exclaimed.