𝟐𝟓

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." JJ complained as he examined the bar of gold that was wrapped around a rag in his hand.

"Like you could've done better." Kie bitterly stated as we climbed out from the back of the van.

"I could have. I took a welding class." JJ Informed Kie, and they began to argue with one another.

"Chill out, okay?" John B says, attempting to put Kie and JJ's argument at ease.

"Easy for you to say. You're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off. How did we get this job anyway?" JJ complained.

"'Cause you're the best liar and Y/N is a good manipulator." Pope answered JJ. "What? I only manipulate when appropriate." I argued.

JJ and I entered through the front entrance of the Pawn shop and greeted the woman at the front desk.

"I see you buy gold." JJ stated. "That's what the sign say, don't it?" The woman sarcastically stated.

"Well, I sure hope you buy a lot of it, because I'm about to blow your mind." JJ informed the woman as he set his olive colored bag down on the counter in front of him and began to unlatch it.

"I ain't got much mind left to blow, so have at it." The woman replied.

"How about them gold apples?" JJ questioned as he set the bar of gold down in front of the woman.

"That ain't real." The woman claimed in an unconvinced tone. "That ain't real?" JJ mockingly asked the women.

"Feel how heavy it is." I spoke for the first time since I entered the shop.

She looked at me then down to the gold and held it up in her hands.

"Let's get some light on that." JJ suggested. The woman grabbed a magnifying glass that had a small light attached to it.

"Spray-painted tungsten." The women said as she threw the bar onto the glass counter.

"Spray-painted tungsten? Really?" I scoffed as I asked the woman. "Why don't you see how, uh, soft it is?" JJ asked once more.

The woman grabbed a pick and a hammer and hit it against the bar to test If it chipped or shattered, but it didn't.

"Wow. Would you look at that?" I sarcastically asked. "Hold your horses. We ain't got to the acid test yet." She informed us.

"Ooh! The acid test. My favorite." JJ stated and I lightly stomped on his foot for the stupidity of his statement.

He grabbed his foot and mouthed a quiet, "Ow!" to which, I simply rolled my eyes at.