𝟎𝟒

John B called all of us over the next day, saying that he needed to talk to us, and urgently

We sat on his front porch in silence for a while until, John B said "I'm calling it off. All right? Peterkin said if I stay out of the marsh she'll help me with DCS." We all looked at him confused.

"And you believe her?" JJ questioned the brunette from his spot besides me as we were leaning up against a broken table on John B's front lawn.

"Yes, I believed her, JJ." John B nonchalantly stated. "An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop." JJ repeats himself in an unbelievable manner as, he threw a rock before him.

"All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days and she'll help me out. It doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun." John B explained as, he threw the stick he was holding to the ground in a stressed manner.

"Do you know what I should've done? Just let, topper drown your ass." JJ bitterly stated.

"Yeah, because, Topper was gonna drown me." John B blindly replied.

"Sure looked like it. I mean, have you looked in the mirror lately?" JJ sarcastically asked while, walking over to John B.

"JJ, stop." I warned him from where I was still sitting. "Tell me some more come on." John B sarcastically encouraged his friend.

"They always win don't they man? kooks versus pogues. They always win!" JJ exclaimed, before punching the decoration that was hanging from the roof of the porch out of anger.

"it's okay!" Kiara calls out to JJ who was angrily walking away, but turned back around and walked towards the porch to say, "No, it's not okay! It's not!"

At this point I found myself walking over to the porch and came to a halt to stand besides, JJ.

"They don't want us to go down to into the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there, and you know it. I know you do. and I understand why you don't wanna go, you're the golden boy, you got too much to risk. And you, I mean, you're already rich as fuck anyway. Why would you bother?" JJ says, pointing out everyone's reasons.

"But you, me, and Y/N man...we got nothing to lose. We really don't alright?" JJ says while looking down at me and then, back at John B.

"JJ." John B replied in a soft and clam tone, pleading him to stop. "And I know it didn't use to be that way for you." JJ pushed.

"I don't wanna talk about this. I don't wanna talk about it." John B said, attempting to hide the sadness behind his voice. "So that's it?" JJ asks John B as he begins to walk away.