𝟐𝟕

"How's it feeling?" Pope asked Kie who was standing inside of a black bucket that was hanging from a tree by a thick rope.

"Feels good." Kie answered him with a thumbs up.

"Taking you down." Pope informed her as he took the rope in his hands and slowly let go of the rope inch by inch to bring her down.

"John B pullin' a Houdini." JJ jokes from his seat beside me on the rim of the hot tub as we dipped our feet inside the water.

"Yeah, where is he?" I questioned the crew.

"I got my scholarship interview tomorrow. We gotta get this done!" Pope informed us as he finally brought Kie down from the tree.

"Speak of the devil. Hey!" JJ greeted an incoming John B.

"Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything." JJ said, attempting to take all the credit for Kie and Pope's invention.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him in annoyance.

"No, he did not. I did that." Pope protested as he rushed his way towards JJ.

"Hey." Kie and I both called out to John B, but he ignored us and stormed off and up to his front porch steps and into the house.

We looked at each other in confusion at John Bs manners.

"Okay, that's it?" JJ asked us, confused.

"Uh...what's that all about?" Pope asked, confused as well.

"I was gonna ask you the same question." JJ informed the boy.

We all walked into the house to check up on John B and his odd behavior.

"You all right, man? What...what's up?" Pope carefully asked John B as we all stood by the entrance of the house.

"What are you looking for?" Kie curiously asked our friend who was busy rummaging around his living room area while throwing items around in search of a specific as unknown item to our knowledge.

"Bro, what's going on?" I asked the boy with a bit of worry at the frantic state he was in.

John B threw the blankets and pillows off from the pull out couch and held the item in his hand that he was so desperately looking for, JJ's gun.

"John B, what do you need the gun for?" JJ asked the brunette boy.

"Talk to us!" I frustratingly exclaimed, due to the fact that John B was ignoring us and not paying mind to our presence.

JJ approached the brunette to take the gun out of his hands, but he was harshly pushed down onto the pull out by the brunette.

"John B, chill! John B!" Kie shouted at the boy, because of his violent actions.

"John B what the hell?!" I exclaimed as I walked over to JJ to check if he was hurt.

"What are you doing? What, are you JJ now?" Pope asked, approaching John B and making an attempt to calm him down, but he got himself harshly pushed into the desk by the brunette.