𝟐𝟒

The next morning, Kie, Sarah, and I woke up right as the sun was illuminating the sky and we sat around the boat and just hung out a bit, before the sun started to set behind us and we heard the sound of a boat engine

We all turned in different directions attempting to find the source of the sound and when we did, we came to the realization that it was the boys.

"Uh—oh!" Pope called out. "You forget your keys or something?" John B called out to us in a sarcastic tone. "You need a tow?" Pope continued to tease us.

We all rolled our eyes in clear annoyance and Kie said loud enough for only Sarah and I to hear, "Don't give them the satisfaction of thinking this worked." "Absolutely not." Sarah agreed. "No way." I said with a scoff.

The boys pulled up closer to the boat and John B just had to say another snarky comment, "You gotta admit it was funny."

"John B." Kie called out to the brunette driving the boat. "Uh, what's that?" John B asked as the boat came to a halt besides our boat. "Mastermind, huh?" Kie said in an irritated tone. "I'm always plannin'." He mischievously said.

"Some patriarchal bullshit." I said in an irritated manner as I stood up with my arms crossed in front of my chest. "You still love us though, right?" JJ asked us, before doing a double take at me.

"We're all gonna get you back when you least expect it." Sarah threatened the boys. "Watch your back, boys." Kie warned them. "Shouldn't have done that." I warned them as well.

"I welcome that challenge." Pope challenged us, causing the boys to laugh.

I looked down at JJ, expecting a snarky remark, but he was just quiet and evidently trying not to make eye contact with me.

"Weird." I thought to myself.

"So, did you guys, you know..." Pope went to ask us three girls and Kie answered with, "Reconcile our differences?"

I looked over at the brunette and blonde girl and shook my head and said, "Not even close." The blonde looked over at Kie and I and said, "But we're...willing to work together." And we nodded our heads at her statement.

"You know what? That's victory." John B said in satisfactory.

"All right, You guys ready to jack someone up?" John B asked us from the drivers seat. "Yeah, whatever." Kie said as we three girls took turns jumping off the boat and onto the smaller one.

Once we were all on the boat, John B drove off into the direction they came in. I looked over at JJ to see Pope and him conversing about some car they both took an interest in.