𝟎𝟗

I started laughing out loud at his response. If anyone were to laugh in such a serious situation, you'd think they were a lunatic.

As I put more thought into JJ's confession, I began to believe the idea that it was some sort of bet or joke between our group. John B must have set it up.

"Why are you laughing?" JJ questioned me, confused as ever. I looked up at him and honestly answered with, "Because you don't mean it. No one ever really means it."

"Y/N, I mean it more than anything in the world." JJ confessed while, approaching me.

"No you don't, JJ. Im damaged goods. You're only saying it out of pity. Like I said before, this isn't the first time I've dealt with it." I said, getting ready to walk away.

"Y/N, wait!" JJ called out to me, causing me to halt my actions. "JJ what?" I asked him, annoyed. "You don't get to just walk away, okay? Understand me when I say that I love you in more than just a friendly way. I have feelings for you. What don't you understand about that." He explained himself.

None of us noticed how close we had gotten to one another, The proximity between us was about three inches in length. I could feel his hot and marijuana scented breath on my face.

My heart along with my mind was racing with millions of words, thoughts, and statements, but to my dismay, not a single one came out of my mouth.

JJ decided to break the heavy silence that had engulfed us and stated in a soft and sincere tone, "Y/N listen, I've liked you for a while now. Ever since I met you in freshman year when you transferred schools and Kie introduced you to me, I knew in that moment that I liked you. We're good together, we work together, and we make each other better people, N/N. And if I'm being honest, I can't live without you."

I took it upon myself to fill the everlasting silence after his statement with a small smile, before confessing my feelings for him, "I like you too, JJ, like I really like you."

"Well, since we clearly like each other, it only makes sense for me to do this." JJ stated, causing me to give him a confused look.

JJ's following actions took me by surprise, he swiftly grabbing my waist and pulled me towards his chest, before smashing his lips on mines.

I didn't even hesitate to kiss him back, because it felt so right. This shared kiss between us was full of love, unlike the others we've shared out of pure enjoyment for the group.

In this moment, I felt euphoric. I felt myself falling even more in love with, JJ. If that was even remotely possible.

He grabbed the back of my neck so that he could deepen the kiss and ran his other hand down the side of my waist.

Our shared wish for our kiss to last a century and beyond was put to an abrupt end when we were forced to pull away for much needed oxygen.

None of us said a word, because we didn't need to. Our eyes said everything. The only noises surrounding us, was the chirping of crickets and the sound of our heavy breathing.

After a few moments of silence, I smiled up at him and he returned my gesture with a smile.

"So, what now?" I questioned him. He had a look of deep thought painted on his face, before responding with a grin and, "This is the part where I ask you to be my girlfriend."

"Hmm, and this is the part where I ponder about the request and accept it." I sarcastically said, smiling up at him.

"Good." JJ simply yet, happily replies, before pulling me in for a long kiss. After we pulled apart, butterflies formed in the pit of my stomach and heat creeped it's way up to my face and onto my cheeks.

JJ and I smiled at one another, content filling the atmosphere.

'And in this moment I swear, we are Infinite.'