10.

DON'T PANIC. OK, I can do this. I just need an inhaler. Michael looks too good. He's wearing his leather jacket and his eyebrow piercing just makes his face look 152 times better! OK! I can do this.

"Hey," I smile and get in his car, he's driving. OK, I just have to look ahead and act like he's not here. Or.. act like some average guy is sitting here... or..

"Hey, you look great!" He smiles back.

I don't. I look horrendous. I'm wearing a blue dress and I have to wear leggings under it because it's so cold and I'm also wearing my jacket for a while because I'm so cold. I'm so cold all the time!

"You look so great!" I reply, god.

"Well.. you look really great," he shrugs.

Are we only going to talk about how great we look .. or?

"Thanks," I smile, "You too,"

He smiles back and starts to drive, "Thanks,"

"Um.. so.. whose party is it?" I ask curiously.

"My ex girlfriend's" he rolls his eyes.

OK, I am very interested in this now.

"Really?" I ask back, "You guys still talk?"

"No..." he chuckles, "I don't know how she got my number back.. I mean I got a new number recently. She just called me and asked me to come with my girlfriend,"

"Your girlfriend?" I ask with suspicious eyes.

"I don't have one," he says, "I was very confused,"

"Oh?"

"Yeah, she thinks I have a girlfriend but I don't," he shrugs.

"You did not tell her that you don't?" I ask further.

"No!" he laughs, "Are you serious? She'd start hitting on me again!"

"Wow," I say, "Clingy?"

"Very," he replies, "I mean, she was cool the first few months of our break up but once we hit the road with One Direction, she's got too clingy,"

"That's pathetic," I roll my eyes, "I hate such people,"

"Same!" he says, "I had no contact with her for about a year but she's here again,"

"How did you guys meet?" I ask.

"Her friend is a mutual friend of mine, we met in a party, dated for two months and then she broke up with me," he answers.

"She broke up with you?"

"Yeah! It was around the time we released Heartbreak Girl as a single," he says.

WHAT? That's the time I started liking them. I never heard of any girlfriend?

"Oh.." I say, "That's fucked up of her,"

"We kept it really undercover but now she's being so... like, she text'd me thrice to come for the party!" he laughs.

"So you agreed," I shake my head.

"Yeah, I mean, I'm sorry but none of my other friends wanted to go as my girlfriend.."

"And of course, you hit me up," I say.

I don't know why I sounded so bitter but he really just took me out because none of his other friends wanted to go, which was.. Gosh, I even expected something. I'm so stupid to think this meant he was asking me out for a DATE.

"No, it's not like that!" he looks over at me for a second and then looks at the road, "It's just I didn't want to go alone and I realized that I hadn't called you when I said I would and I thought this would be a good way for making it up,"

"Yeah," I say. Seriously, whatever.

"Andrea," he stopped at the red light and looked at me, "I didn't mean for it to come out like that. I enjoy your company, you're really fun to be with. It was just that Samantha was on my mind,"

SAMANTHA?

"Samantha?" I ask, THIS IS NOT SAMANTHA SAMANTHA, RIGHT?

"My ex girlfriend?" he says, "Her name's Samantha,"

No. No. No. This is some other Samantha. This is just a coincidence. This is another Samantha who thinks Michael has a girlfriend and has a party at the day as the Samantha I know.

"Samantha Carlos?" I ask, wide eyed.

"Yeah, you know her?" he asks with surprise.

This is fucked up. No. Fuck no. No.

I'm thinking of running away, I want to run away. This isn't true. Oh my god. No.

"Oh my god," I mutter, "She's in my school.."

"Really?" he looks really surprised, "Wow, the world is really round, isn't it?"

What.

WHAT.

"She thinks we're dating," I say in a hurry.

"What?"

"That article," I say, "in the newspaper.. she thinks we're dating,"

"Fuck," he mutters, "Oh god, you didn't tell her we aren't, did you?"

"No," I say, "I didn't tell her anything. She was annoying me. She even wanted me to get you for this party,"

I completely understood why she was so keen for me getting Michael. This fucking bitch.

He laughs, "This is so fucked up,"

"I know," I say biting my lower lip.

"Well, are you ready for being my girlfriend for tonight?" he wiggles his eyebrows.

Thank God. Thank god. Now, I can tell everyone I'm really dating him. This is so good! Michael will get away from a clingy girlfriend while everyone will finally believe that I am really dating him!

I just hope this night goes well. I really do.