Reunion With Rainbow

Y/n's Point of View, 1200 hours, Santa Fe, New Mexico, early 2020 (my dumbass self wasn't sure about the years, so, the earlier chapters took place in mid 2019, minus Harry)

I was the only one manning the floor. The little bell rang as I emerged from the back of the store to put some boxes up. A man with glasses and jet black hair walked in and looked around.

"Can I help you, sir?" I open the box and put some chips on the shelf.

"Yes, actually. I'm looking for someone." He said.

I dust my hands off and walk to him. "I can probably help, I'm the only one working today."

"Good, I'm looking for a man like you.....muscular, tall, a man with a mask, a man who is already dead as one said. A man, named Y/n." The man walked around and picked various items. "You don't know if he's here, do you?"

"That's me.......what is it that you want me for?" My holster unbuttoned with a flick of my thumb.

"I want you to come back." He looked at a fridge and grabbed a Coke. He closed it and looked in the reflection. "No need for violence, I'm making a friendly offer."

"What do you want me to come back to?" I button the clip back up and cross my arms. "If it's back to my old militia, then no. Last time I checked, they beat down the new leader."

"No, it's not that. It's of a company that you know very well." The man walked to me and chuckled. "Remember Rainbow?"

As if on cue, some members walked in. Jack, Elena, Craig....... Grace. I turn my back and walk to the breakroom.

"I have a few visitors here, can you come help, Scotty?" I ask on the phone.

"Uh, yeah, sure." An explosion was heard. "You used a claymore!? You stupid-"

I hang up and walk back into the main floor. "Why are you here?"

"Y/n, we want you to come back. I want you to come back." Grace walked to me and pressed her index finger on my chest. "You made me go out on a wild goose chase, which led me to Russia, Vietnam, China....... This was all your fault!"

She cried of anger. I push her hand away and chuckle.

"You couldn't live with your 'joke' you played, how funny."

"Y/n, please, we barely did anything when we found out you were released." Elena said. "Arnot left. I almost let Ryad die on a mission because I learned of what happened."

"I got what I fucking deserve. All you guys are gonna do is kiss my ass, saying I was right, that it wasn't my fault. Look at me, I'm spending time with my family, I'm living a normal civilian life, I'm over it."

I was starting to get annoyed with them. Jack shook his head and sighed.

"Y/n, you know damn well that it was not your fault. We want you back because you are an asset to the team. You made me more of a man than I really am. You gave me the courage to ask Yumiko out." Jack held my shirt collar. "Just make up your mind, I know I have."

I sigh and take Jack's hands off. "Who is the new Six? I would consult with him or her."

"I am Six, but call me Harry." Harry set his stuff on the register.

"We will talk in the breakroom, alone. You four run the ground floor, pay for everything, I want to get my pay."

I show Harry the breakroom. We sit opposite of each other and stare at each other.

"Why the hell are you wanting me back in Rainbow? Just to bully me?"

"That is ridiculous, I would never bully you. I want to make an offer." Harry said.

"And what is that offer? I join and die?" I stand up and grab a water. "You want water?"

Harry declined and brought out his phone. "You were a valuable resource to the team. Though you were released, you still haven't completed your contract."

He showed me a picture of valuable information about plans of a White Mask attack in Taos. "I can't comprehend how much I miss working on the base, but I will respectfully decline the offer."

"Hold on. Your sister has told me you went to this place many times, we want you to join for one last mission." Harry set his phone down on the table.

I put my tongue in my cheek and sigh. "Zofia told you of the number, or was it Ela? It's not like it's important, anyways."

"Both provided me the information, Ela being the first." Harry stood and walked to the window.

"One last time. What's the deal?"

Harry put a smirk on his face and turned around. "There is going to be a costume party, a tribute to the great decade of the 1920's."

"What? They've never had that there. Are you sure it's Taos?" I start to unholster my gun.

"I- We, checked the location. It is indeed Taos, New Mexico." Harry sat back down and brought out the PMM I used in my 'solo' mission. "So, what do you say, Ghost?"

"Who is this 'we' you speak of?" I set my arm on the table and raise an eyebrow.

"The 'we' is Masaru, Jack, me........and Grace." Harry looked at the door and nodded. "Yeah, it was Grace."

My God! Why can't I stop thinking of, her? She was the one who sent me here, and now she wants me back!?

I clear my throat and nod slowly. "Fine, I'll do it. That reminds me." I walk into the store area and smile.

Craig and Jack were playing around with a ball, Elena was reading a magazine, and Grace, Grace was staring at a picture of us on a date, our first date.

"Hey, where'd you get that ball?" Everyone jumped out of their skins. I chuckle and walk back in the breakroom. "So, when do we leave?"

"0900 hours, tomorrow." Harry walked to me and held his hand out. "Are you up for it?"

"If it means I can work with my team one last time, then I'm doing it." I shake his hand and look him in the eye. "There's gonna be nothing to worry about, my sister and her family are protected, because I'm back in business." I think about and nod. "I'm in it til' the day I die."

Harry smiled and nodded. "That's so nice of you. You are a man, Y/n."

I smile and laugh. I hold the door for him when Scotty walked in. He wiped his eye and stared at everyone.

"Are you here because I committed tax fraud?" He asked.

"No, but we need to talk about that." I pat his back and walk to the doors. "Come, surely you guys are hungry, I'll tell Sarah about our situation."

Elena, Jack, Craig, and Harry all walked out. Grace had her hair in a bun, without her beanie. She smiled while looking down and slowly walked out.

"There is one box left, Scotty. Later!"