Convenience Is Key

Y/n's Point of View, a few months later

"I just wanna use your love tonight!" I sang as I wiped down the counter.

Sarah walked in and sighed. "I've been losing so much sleep. Can you-" she yawned, "can you watch your nephew? I got the flu."

"Sure, is he being a little shitter like his mom?" Sarah hit my shoulder, making me laugh. "I'm kidding, sis. I'll watch the little guy, maybe watch some movies, take him out."

"And when you say 'take him out', what do you mean exactly?" Sarah was catching on.

"You're catching on, Sarah. I'm proud you know your brother's games." I throw the rag off my shoulder and dried some dishes. "But I can't answer that."

"Fine, whatever, just don't take him to Denny's at midnight." Sarah walked away and up the stairs.

"I'll do whatever I want with my nephew!" I yell to her. Baby Y/n started to cry in the living room. "Is my nephew crying!?"

I run to him and stare him down. He looked at me and stopped crying.

"Little faker. This'll teach ya." I start tickling his stomach. He tried swatting my hands away from him, but I stop. "Did you have enough?"

He stopped his laughing fit and opened his arms. I pick him up and lay him on top of me. He stood on his feet and slapped his chest a few times.

"No! Not King Kong!" Baby Y/n sat on me and started 'attacking' me. "Somebody help! Agh." I lift him up as he grabbed my nose. "Oh no, he's got my nose!"

Baby Y/n giggled and clapped. I laugh with him, bringing myself up and turning the tv on. We both ended up sleeping on the couch together.

"Oh, boys." Sarah said.

I open my eyes and was met by a flash. "Ah, what the fuck?" I quietly ask. I grab my nephew and bounce him on my knee.

Sarah showed me the picture she took. "Get ready for work, it's Monday."

"Pfft, it's Sunday." I check my phone, which still had many messages. "Oh, it is Monday."

Baby Y/n woke up and yawned. He tried to get off me, but I held him with my arm.

"I'll take care of him." Sarah tried to pry baby Y/n from my hands. "Y/n, you gotta work."

"I'll take him in." I pull myself up and grab my keys. "I'm still doing you a favor."

Sarah sighed and blinked harshly. "Alright, keep him in check. I don't want him being left alone."

"No need." I put the baby carrier on me and place the baby inside. "And you said this was dumb."

Sarah chuckled lightly and hugged me. "Bye, brother."

"Later, sis." I walk to my car and put the baby in his carseat. "You ready to have fun!?" He cheered and made a scary giggle. "Woah, calm down, little guy."

I grab my phone and look through it. Grace had sent me over a hundred texts in a week, saying she missed me and wants me to be there. I shake my head and text my boss.

"I can't make it to work today, I have to take care of my nephew while my sister and her boyfriend recover from the flu." I wrote.

I place my phone on the dashboard and turn the radio on. Baby Y/n whined about it being on the rock station.

"Fine, I'll change it." I flip threw and stop on a comedy channel. "Do you like this?" I look in the mirror and see him smile and nod.

I drive around the city and county, mostly to waste time. After about an hour of driving, our stomachs rumbled.

"Do you want....... Denny's!?" Baby Y/n cheered his heart out, scaring a few drivers as we had the windows down. "Alright! Here we go!"

We are both excited to eat out. Sarah and Antonio usually scold us for our choices, but what can we say? We're dudes who love all day breakfast.

After breakfast, we head around the town for stuff to do, but we end up at my work.

"Y/n, I thought you called off for today?" My boss asked.

"Yeah, but we couldn't find anything to do, so we came to visit." I shake baby Y/n in his carrier. "This is my nephew, Y/n."

"Huh, never thought your nephew would have the sane name as you." The boss said.

"I can stock shelves today, I know how much you hate that, Scott."

Scott shrugged and laughed. "I'll take care of the little guy."

"I swear, if you drop him, I'm dropping you." I threaten. Scott nodded and walked to the breakroom. "Boss, you have a nice day."

"Likewise." The boss left the store for an annual meeting he had.

I grab some boxes and stock the shelves full of smacks. After some minutes, two guys with ski masks ran in with pistols.

"Everyone down!" One of them yelled.

Everyone else obeyed, but I kept stocking shelves.

"Hey, you! You heard him, get down!" The other said to me.

I look at them and grab a bag of chips. "Why? I just want some chips. These are 99 cents."

"That's it." One of them started approaching me. "If anyone moves, he gets it!" He pressed his 1911 to my head.

It wasn't just any 1911, it was old man Jenkins's 1911. "Jenkins, just pull the trigger. I'm a dead man, anyways."

"You know this guy?" The other robber asked.

Jenkins held his breath. "Yeah, we were in the Navy."

"Well shoot him! We don't want witnesses!" The second one yelled.

Jenkins took his pistol off me and shot his partner in the knees. "All you ever did was manipulate me into doing drug busts. Fuck you."

Jenkins grabbed his bleeding companion and dragged him outside into a van. He walked back in and shook my hand.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. Where's the cleaning products?" He asked.

"For blood, I would use shop towels. They're in aisle 4."

"Thanks." Jenkins grabbed the towels and walked to the register. "Can I get a scratch off, too?"

"I gotcha." I took Sally's place and ring the man up. "Ten fifty." He handed me a card. "Go ahead and do what you need to do."

The customers stood and mumbled with each other. "Oh, what the fuck happened?" Scott asked. "Y/n and I took a big ol' nap."

"I became the Convenience Store Messiah, that's what happened." I chuckle and slap the register. "I'm gonna take the little guy home, bye guys."

 I walk in the breakroom, where baby Y/n was playing with a napkin. I smile and put him in my arms. He grabbed my shirt and put his hand in his mouth.

 "No, we just had Denny's, I am not taking you back." He cried in my arms. "Oh, quit being dramatic. I'll buy you a toy?" He nodded and wiped his eye. "Little faker."