XXXIII

|Blue Jay|

"That guy he had it coming

"That guy he had it coming. I mean he just messed with the wrong person. Do it a million times you're destined to get fucked over eventually."
__

"You've been out of it for about ten minutes now." Jihoon mumbled, he leaned back in his seat, the tips of his feet kicked the bar of Vernon's chair.

Vernon stared blankly at his fumbling fingers. His mind completely absorbed in thought. Something that's been common these days since he started coming to school.

"What's with him?" Jihoon mumbled turning away from the troubled boy and towards Soonyoung that was now bothering Jeonghan.

"Seriously stop it Soonyoung." Jeonghan whined, as he tried to push the other boy that pulled his hair.

Soonyoung snickered and yanked the other boys head back, which caused Jeonghan to gag. And almost fall back in his seat.

Soonyoung let go and held his stomach as he laughed historically at the other boys terrified reaction. He then stepped back and fell into the chair behind him.

There was a moment of painful silence and Soonyoung groaned loud.

"Ugh, where is everyone?" Soonyoung said. Now he realized that half their group was missing. The four of them were basically mute together.

Jeonghan put his hand on his head and massaged the aching roots of his head. He turned himself around and to the other boys. "I know Wonwoo and Minghao are at a student council meeting right now... Seungcheol I saw him this morning and first. But he didn't show up to second..."

"Seungkwan?" Jihoon asked. He turned around to Vernon, and watched the boys attention be caught.

"Have you seen him Vernon?" Jihoon asked.

"No." Vernon mumbled. "He's not here."

"Well ya duh but what about this morning?" Jihoon asked. "He in any of your classes?"

"No..." Vernon said. "I'm in new classes but he's not... he's not in them."

"Hm." Jihoon tilted his head. "So you haven't seen him at all today? You're not worried?"

"Do I need to be?" Vernon said, he looked toward the window. His eyes bleak and unconcerned.

"Well isn't he your little play thing? Wouldn't you like to know where he is?" Jihoon said. His eyebrows shifted up.

"I'd like to know." Vernon said. "But he won't tell me things. He likes to slip away."

"That's not very good." Jihoon smirked. "You shouldn't let him get away with that. He's yours isn't he?"

"Yes." Vernon said. "Yes but."

Vernon stared at the tree branch that rubbed against the window. He watched a blue jay land on it and sit there peacefully. "He'll get mad if I tell him what to do."