XX

|Silent Tune|

"He said, 'you're so brave,' With a smile, then said "but you survived," with sorrow

"He said, 'you're so brave,' With a smile, then said "but you survived," with sorrow."
__

Vernon and Joshua made their way out from the small hidden area at the side of the school, Joshua's cheeks were beaming in vibrant crimson, as he stood next to his very precious childhood best friend. 

"This is great, now you can't ignore me in class anymore okay!" Joshua said with glee, as he nudged Vernon on the shoulder.

Vernon nodded, his eyes wandered off from the boy blabbering beside him, his focus drifting to his peers walking down the field, towards the front entrance of the school, some in big gaping groups and some alone. 

"Who you looking for?" Joshua asked, his foot slid forward and he leaned forward tilting his head up to the raven-haired boy, his hair falling over his bright face.

"Seungkwan," Vernon told him, his black eyes darted down towards the boy, smiling up at him childishly.

"You really like him huh?" Joshua commented, having heard some rumors that Vernon's attraction had been subjected towards the schools infamous Boo Seungkwan.

"Mhm," Vernon told.

"You should stop-"

Joshua eyes widened when he felt the hard grip of fingers curling on the sides of his face and the rough palm of Vernon's hand over his lips.

"whatever you were going to say about me and him," Vernon's voice became dull and ominous.

Joshua's eyes shook from side to side as Vernon crook his neck and his enlarged black puddled eyes found their way to his brown ones.

"Just don't."

Vernon then let go of the boy's face, and Joshua's lips and body trembled like an abused child.

See this reaction made his ears tingle and he eased his expression, his eyes softened and squinted as he gave the boy a soft smile. A complete imitation of Soonyoung.

"Let's go to class," Vernon spoke with friendliness entangled in his vocal cords.

"Okay," Joshua replied with a wide grin, Vernon's soft appearance soothing the dark space.

-

Vernon and Joshua sat in class, students conversed to each other like birds in the daylight, tweeting loudly, filling the quiet space with their constant tune.

"So, today do you want to join my group for lunch?" Joshua suddenly asked, plopping his head down on his desk as he just stared up at the plain boy.

"I can't," Vernon stared down at his pale fingers.

"Why?" Joshua whined, a frown spread his face.