The final truth

Oswald's POV

I spend the day doing nothing, just being too excited to meet Edward. I could feel it in my guts that it was now the right time to tell him about my pregnancy.

• • •

A few hours later at Kane Chemicals...

"Edward?" I yelled, watching out for him in the dawn.

I heard footsteps approaching, frightened that this could be a trap and someone else wanted me to come, I turned around abruptly but to my relief, it was really Ed.

"Hello, Oswald."

"Ed." I smiled. "You wanted to talk to me?" I spoke full of hope.

Suddenly, he raised a gun, pointing it at my forehead "Oh yesss, I do." He grinned satisfied.

I felt cold sweat forming on my forehead. What is that supposed to mean?? Could it be that-

"I-I don't understand Ed?!" I gasped in confusion.

"I know. " He flashed me a calm smile.

I stared at him shocked "I'm sorry. I...I...What is happening? I..." He reached forward and roughly grabbed my shoulder, dragging me along with him.

"Recognize it?" I looked at the red, damaged car in front of me. "Oh, why should you? I doubt you did the deed yourself. That car belonged to Isabella." He growled aggressively.

My mouth hung open...how the hell did he find out about it??

"Ed, whatever you've heard-" He hit me hard on the head so that I fell to the ground with a slam.

I felt a stabbing pain in my abdomen, which made me instantly panicking about the baby.

"I know it was you, Oswald." Ed sounded like a monster.

I panted heavily, shaking in fear, putting my hand protectively over my swollen stomach.

"Isabella was my everything, and you took her from me. And now I will take everything from you. Well...the only thing you have left is your life...But that ends tonight!"

I looked at him fearfully. Though I didn't want to realize it... but there was nothing left I could do to save mine and the baby's life...

He bent down to me, packed my arm, and pulled me up.

"What are you doing?!"

The taller male didn't reply, instead, he indicated to me, to move forward.

"Get up there." He demanded as we were in front of the broken car.

"Ed please I-." The riddler took out his gun again. "Do as I told...NOW!"

Hesitating I climbed up the car carefully. Nygma took a rope, wrapped it around me, and pulled it tight, causing me to yelp in pain.

"You're angry. I understand...I even forgive, you, but-but killing me is not the way-"

"So you admit, you killed Isabella?" He cut me off.

My facial expression went cold. "Fine. Is that what you want?"

"Yes!"

"I confess. I had her killed. But guess what? You should thank me because we both know what would have happened if I hadn't."

"Yes! I could have lived a life with the woman I loved. I could have been happy."

I wanted to laugh about his words but that wouldn't be advantageous for me right now.

"No, Ed. You would have killed her." I replied instead.

He slapped me hard across the face, gasping in shock, I yelled at him: "Just like you did the other one! You couldn't have helped it! And afterward, you would have hated yourself!"

Ed leaned his face close to me. "Well...we'll never know, will we?" And turned away from me.

I couldn't help it anymore...I just...

"I did it because I love you and I'm carrying your child, you dumbass idiot," I confessed sobbing in anger, fear, and pain.

The riddler turned back sharply. "You are what?! Oswald, you're out of your mind, I should put your life to an end now. Your mental health suffered enough."

"Ed, I'm not lying." I insisted desperately.

"You know that you're a man right? And men can't have children. By the way, this is the most stupid and ridiculous story you can ever think of -"

"I was born with female organs. Take a look if you don't believe me."

The taller man glanced at me furiously but if it was at least a game for him, I could find a way to survive.

"This is ridiculous -"

"Take a look, I said!"

Slowly he approached me, cutting the rope with a knife, and ripped my shirt open, revealing my pregnant belly. Jumping back in shock, he gasped in shock. "This can not be real."

"Unfortunately it is."

"How did you find out about it?" He asked in disbelief.

"I didn't. The doctor did when I was feeling sick."

"You know this is insane, right?"

"But true. Ed, listen to me, there is just one thing, I'm pleading you to do. Let me alive...just for now until the baby is born and I promise, no I swear to you, right after the birth, I will call you, and then you can kill me. But there is one condition...do never ever try to hurt my baby! You heard me? Do we have a deal?"

Ed was silent for a few minutes, thinking. I was really afraid he wouldn't go for it, 'cause then everything would be lost.

"Alright, since I'm a man of honor and never would kill a child, I agree to your deal...BUT if you try to fool me, the baby will never see the rising sun."

"Alright. Can you please untie me now?"

Edward nodded, cutting the rope. I got off of the car, catching his stare at my bump. "What?!"

"Is this the reason why you resigned as mayor?"

"Yes, it is...But I really wished things would be turned out different..."

• • •

~ Helix❤