The revelation

Oswald's POV

"Come on little one we have to go inside its getting cold."  I picked the baby up and walked inside the house. Were Ed was already cooking dinner. I planted a kiss on the child's forehead and sat it on the carpet to its toys. Then I walked into the kitchen, hugging Ed from behind." I love—"

A loud droning tore me from my wonderful dream. Tiredly I got up, recognizing that it was operatic music, coming from Ed's room.

"Ed?" I yelled against the loud music. He laid curled up in his chair, like a wretched man.

"Yes?" He growled back.

"The music!" I pointed at the gramophone.

"It's too loud. I'm sorry." He reached out his hand and turned it off. "Isabella always loved Vivaldi."

I sighed. "So you're just going to sit here."

"Yes."

"All by yourself."

"Correct."

Why did he have to be so stubborn? But I gave in. "Okay then." And walked out of his room, back into my own.

But still, I couldn't t let the whole thing go and went back again.
"Ed, I, as much as anyone, know how hard it is to lose someone. Even if you've only known them for, like...a week. But this is not healthy behavior. It is depressing and if I'm being honest, a bit scary."

He raised his head a little bit. "Less scary. Check."

Urgh...I didn't mean it like that. "No you're not...Ed you need to heal and healing is about moving on." I sighed desperately.

"No doubt you're right."

Finally. "Of course I am right."

He sat up. "I'll go where she was taken from me and say goodbye." Pulling the blanket aside, and was about to leave but I stopped him. That's not the thing I actually meant but if it makes you happy.

"Isabelle would want you to be happy."

"Isabella."

I chuckled nervously. "Of course."

Then he left without another word. I started after him a few seconds.

I really hoped that he would be over this bitch soon. Though she is dead, her presence is still poisoning the bond between Ed and me.
At least I was now able to call Dr. Ross to pay a visit.

I couldn't wait to find out the sex of the baby.

• • •

"How're feeling Mr. Cobblepot?" Dr. Ross asked me as we made our way into my bedroom.

"Everything's alright, no problems so far." I lied down on my bed since I already knew the routine.

"I'm happy to hear that. What do you think the baby's sex will be? " The doctor questioned during she set up the equipment.

"I don't care as long as it's healthy." And it was true. I didn't give a damn about the sex, though I was curious to know under the bottom line this was the only thing that matters. A healthy little baby.

"Well, well... let's have a look." She smeared the gel on my stomach, her look rested on the screen. "Can you guess what it is?" Pointing her finger at it, I narrowed my eyes. "Sorry but I can't draw any conclusions.

Dr. Ross giggled. " No problem. You're going to have a...

• • •

Hey guys! Just a quick note: I'm thinking about writing a Jeremiah x Bruce (possibly mpreg) FF? What do you think? Let me know in the comments.🤗🤔

~  Helix❤