The Confrontation

Oswald's POV

I knocked on the door, trying to keep my inner happiness down.

"Mister Mayor?" Suprised about my sudden unannounced visit, she opened the door.

"Hello Isabella, may I?"

Hesitating she looked at me shyly. "Of course."

I walked straight into the flat, into a room. Looking around I noticed many books and the laughable pap figures, she made, on a shelf. I also noticed the baggage in the corner.

"Going somewhere?"

She nodded slightly. "Just for a couple of nights. But I was hoping to talk to Ed before I left. Uhm...I tried calling him. Is he okay?" Now her facial expression had changed to something worried which I didn't buy.

"Hmm yes...How shall I put this?... It's over." It was the moment I had waited so long to finally get rid of that bitch.

"Excuse me?" She doesn't get it? Well, it's my pleasure to drill the dagger much deeper into her heart to destroy it.

"He's not going to see you anymore. Do not contact him, that door is closed. Have a nice life."

She gasped in horror, and overdramatically pressed her hands on the mouth and stomach, sitting down sobbing. "Oh my..."

It was like an addiction. I couldn't stop plunging her psyche deeper into despair. "It's a shock. But besides your odd resemblance to his ex, a certain facility with riddles...compulsion for order...What is it you two really have in common? Edward is a person of exceptional intelligence and imagination. And the person I love plus the father of my unborn baby. He deserves to be appreciated by someone on his own level. And you, my dear, are simply not. Best to end things now."

The blonde woman was quiet for a moment. But then she inhaled deeply, looking up at me. "You're right," She whispered. "I don't deserve him."

F I N A L L Y

"Glad we agree. Bye!" I was about to go but she stopped me.

"But I'm not gonna let him go. He loves me and I love him," She sniffled. "Do you know, how rare this is Mr. Mayor?"

Of course, I do you dumb blonde slut. Oh, how I wished I would have a knife right now to shut her up for good.

Suddenly she looked at me frowning and a slight smile formed her lips. "Of course, you do. Because you love him too. I can see it."

My facial expression went blank. Did this f****** witch just read my mind?!

She exhaled relieved. "I'm not even jealous."

"I-I don't think that you understand–"

"It was the glasses this morning. They reminded him of Miss Kringle. He's afraid to hurt me as he hurt her.

I gritted my teeth in anger and was seriously about to lose my sense. " Listen to me, you little idiot, I'm telling you one last time...let...Ed...go!"

"No! I will write to him. I will make him understand he has nothing to fear. I'm not gonna let him go!" She hisses stubbornly and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

I inhaled sharply. "Very well. Don't say I didn't warn you." Angry and frustrated I left the apartment.

Sorry Ed but there's no other way around it anymore....she has to die...

• • •

~ Helix❤