What now?

Oswald's POV

Days over days passed, feeling myself starting to get better, I concentrate on my own life again. Visiting kindergartens and schools, holding some speeches about my plans with this city and what shall change.

I pretend to be the person, everyone saw and was afraid of. But deep down, I knew that something changed, surely it was the pregnancy.
Although I was happy about my decision to keep the baby, fear about the future chased after me.

How shall I hide my belly, which was growing as fast as cancer?

What will happen if anyone finds out?

And the most important question - Will I ever be able to tell Ed about my secret, who, by the way, didn't show up or called me a single time in the last days.

Possibly he was with this woman, he told me about. Thinking of her, jealousy started to crawl over me.

What does she have, I haven't?

Two normal feet?

A beautiful disgusting sweet smile?

Breasts?

"She was the reason, Ed wasn't with you and his unborn child. This woman crapped into your life like an ugly little parasite. You have to destroy her before she gets the one you love, completely for herself." A voice inside my head spoke urgently.

My fingers clenched around the glass of water I was holding. I wasn't listening to what the other persons were discussing, at the conference, I was currently sitting in.

Destroy her

Destroy her

Destroy her

The devil in my mind spoke over and over again and slowly I realized to oblige the insane voice in my head if I wanted to have Ed by my side. But then something else came up in me.

Rationality.

Maybe I was able to find another way instead of killing her.

Shitty pregnancy hormones, making me going too soft on people...

"Mister Cobblepot?"

"Yes?" I shrank surprised as suddenly someone beside me, said my name.

"What do you think about the current situation in Gotham City?"

"I don't think. I SAY that the people here need a capable and merciless leader. A leader, who is holding a speech in front of all of you, right now.

You see, I'll be the one, who's going to show the people here in Gotham, which consequences they are going to feel if they don't follow the law and our rules." I said firmly, standing up and raising the glass.

"For Gotham." I announced.

"For Gotham." The others agreed.

• • •

For hours and hours, I sat in my chair, already drinking the third cup of tea thinking about the perfect plan to separate the two love birds.

Thoughtfully I touched my baby bump when suddenly a marvelous idea hit me.

Maybe there were just a few words about Ed's past necessary to bring this all to an end.

• • •

~ Helix ❤