Tiny Sprouse of Hope

Oswald's POV

"Well, Ed, you would not believe the night-" I froze as I saw that Edward was kissing... Isabella?!?!

"Oswald, good evening." He said nervously, smiling.

I looked at them in shock and disbelief, obviously, my words weren't enough to scare her off.

"This is Isabella." He introduced me to her. Course he didn't know that we already met.

I audibly breathed out, chuckling nervously. "We have met."

"Would you excuse me? I am very tired." I said I quickly and left them, disappointed that my plan didn't work out.

• • •

The next day...

Oswald's POV

As the alarm clock rang the next morning I really wasn't in the mood to stand up after the frustrating sight of yesterday. I couldn't believe how obsessed this blonde copied version of Edward's ex-girlfriend, was with him. Any other woman would've run away screaming but not her, of course. Why had things to be like this...hard and cruel

Sighing I got up, at least Dr. Carlson was coming over today, looking after the baby's condition. I stood in front of the mirror, pulling shirt I was surprised how fast my baby bump already grew, soon I had to think about a solution for this "little problem".

But I couldn't be more proud of my baby and soon I will be a dad. Wallowing in thoughts in happiness, I made my way to the bathroom, taking a cold shower.

After I finished, I asked Olga to make me something to eat. Since it came out that I was pregnant, I was eating like a caterpillar, which was annoying in a way but necessary for the baby.

° ° °

"How are you feeling Mr. Cobblepot?" Doctor Carlson asked me warmly.
"Besides the upcoming morning sickness sometimes, and cravings attacks, everything is perfectly fine."

"Great! I brought my little, transportable Ultrasonic device, so we can take a look at your baby."

Nodding eagerly, I laid down on my bed, pulling my shirt up. She opened the kind of suitcase thing and took out the mini version of an Ultrasound device. When the doctor had made everything operational, she smeared some gel onto my stomach.

"There you are!" She said, pointing at the monitor, where an already medium-sized lump of cells was visible.

A broad, joyous grin crossed my lips, as I saw my baby for the very first time. It was literally the most beautiful and heart-warming moment in my life. Oh, how much I wished that Ed was here to share this unique moment with me.

"In a few days, the sex of the baby can be determined if you want to know it?" Dr. Carlson questioned me.

"Of course I want to know, what a question!" said I happily grinning, making her laugh.

"Fine, I'm going to inform you when I'll visit you again, Mr. Mayor!" she packed her seven things, said goodbye to me and left.

Sighing happily, I stuffed my shirt back into my pants, thinking about going for a walk on this beautiful, sunny day, as suddenly Olga came into my room. "I'm so sorry to disturb you, Mr. Cobblepot but Mr. Nygma is on the phone and wants to talk to you.

Well, that's going to be interesting.

° ° °

Bored, I sat on the couch, lost in thoughts, listening to Ed, half-heartedly, who was whining about that goddamn woman. When he called me back then, he told me that he saw Mrs. Kringle in his mind again after Isabella put on some ridiculous glasses and was now really insecure about the whole situation with Isabella and was needing my help.

"Maybe she's right. What if there's something about Miss Kringle's - Kristen's - Isabella's face? Does that unlock this side of me? What if I do hurt her?"

I smiled to myself. Oh, Edward you stupid little idiot.

"Oswald?" I looked up in his doubting face, which kinda made me feel satisfied.

"Yes?" Hypocritically smiling at him.

"You're smiling." He stared me in disbelief.

"I was?" Playing innocent, I put on a serious look.

"Yes."

"Oh...well, I was just thinking...how darned lucky Isabella is. You love her...yet you protect her, you're willing to break up with her. Beautiful. Sad but beautiful."

"So you think I should break up with her?" His voice suddenly low and weak but that was exactly the point I wanted to have him.

"I'm sorry, though that's what we were talking about. Certainly, I would never pressure-"

"No, you're right." He cut me off and sat down beside me. This sadness glancing in his eyes nearly broke my heart.

"If I did hurt her, I would never forgive myself." He whispered almost inaudible.

I scoffed theatrically. " That life put her in your path again, only to snatch her from you...Why?"

"I can't do it." I could tell he was on the verge of tears now but tried his best to hold them back.

"What?"

"I can't break up with her."

"But you said yourself-"

" I need you to do it for me. Would you do that? I would be forever in your debt...Just...be...gentle..."

Well, that was definitely something, I really didn't expect.

I looked compassionately into his eyes and gently put my hand on his thigh.

"Of course."

Then I got up and left him alone.

° ° °

~ Helix