Broken heart

Oswald's POV

The next day, I woke up in a cold and empty bed.
Although I knew it would happen, I was slightly disappointed, hoping that he would have changed his mind after our together shared night.

Groaning I stood up, feeling a sorrow pain between my wobbling legs.

What a night.

Just the thought of the happenings yesterday made me grin like an idiot.  Dressing into one of my smoking suits and headed into the dining room to eat something.

I didn't really notice what I was eating. Until someone coughed, letting me snap out of my daydreaming, realizing that I was chewing a napkin.

Laughing about my stupidness I spit it on the plate, earning a death glare from Olga.

Clearing my throat I stood up, not feeling hungry anymore. I was just to busy to think about Ed and how it will go further with the two of us, so I had to call and ask him.

Slightly nervous, I picked up the receiver and dialed his number. Hoping that I could clarify the situation with him.

After a while, however, only the voice of the answering machine was heard.
Sighing I put the receiver down. Deciding to concentrate on the paperwork I had to do, to distract myself a bit.

• • •

I was nearly midnight when there was suddenly a knock on the front door. Immediately I jumped up, full of hope that it would be Ed.

Feeling my heart jump in happiness and nervousness I opened the door, facing the man I had such undesirable, insane driving feelings for.

He had a big, heartwarming smile on his face.

"Oswald, I have to tell you something."

Want do you want to tell me my dearest friend?" I asked full of curiosity and excitement. Say you feel the same as me.

"I met a woman, who is just like Ms. Kringle. Isn't that amazing!" Ed squeaked happily, hugging me tightly.

I stood there frozen.

Lost of thoughts.

Lost of words.

Suddenly everything around me seemed so surreal. I only felt confusion and pain. This was one of the worst nightmares I've ever had in my entire life. I tried to get a clear mind, to control my distracted thoughts. But it was too much to handle. Feeling tears forming in my eyes I pulled away from him. Looking at the riddler with hurt and sadness.

"What's wrong Oswald?" Ed looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"I-I thought there is something between us after the last ni-." He raised his hand to cut me off.

"I just wanted to help you, Oswald. Maybe there was too much alcohol and it was a bad idea. But just to get clear...This means nothing. I know you don't have any experience in love. But there can be a big difference between love and sex. I thought that you would feel better but if I would have known what you actually feel for me...Please just let us forget what happened...It was a mistake..." His words felt like daggers, stabbing into my already wounded heart.

"I can't forget it! Don't you understand it?! You can't just turn off the feelings, like a lamp. It wasn't a mistake, Ed. Not for me. Because I love you with all of my heart..." I yelled desperately. Now it was out

"What heart? No Oswald. You only think about yourself, other persons don't matter to you. These feelings are just an illusion! Wake up, Mister Cobblepot!" The riddler hissed angrily.

I looked at him with a shocked expression, never did I expect he would think like that of me. God damn, that hurts...

"You know what?! Be happy with your 'Miss Kringle copy' I don't have the energy to fight with you, Ed. Please go and leave me alone." Trying to speak calm, although my inners were exploding of anger and pain, I faced away from him, not being able to look at him anymore.

"Goodbye, Oswald I hope you find your luck someday." After these hurtful words left his lips, the tall man turned around and left the hall.

Out of sudden, I burst out into tears, I sank on the floor, crying all the pain out of my soul. I wanted to wake up from this torturing nightmare and live a happy life with the one person I would die for.

Suddenly I felt my stomach twisting. Weakly I stood up and walked into the bathroom, quickly leaning down onto the toilet, throwing up a few times. Great, I'm going to be sick...could it get any worse...

• • •

~ Helix