Thoughts

Oswald's POV

It's been two weeks since the incident with Edward and I had a rough time getting over it. Sometimes I woke up in the middle of the night, screaming and crying in fear. But I couldn't help it. This was the burden I had to take for my own sinful behavior.

My life in general, luckily, continued quietly except for my nonstop growing baby bump. It was a real pain in the ass, suffering from a really bad backache the whole time.

Though I loved the feeling of the little one moving and kicking, which can be painful sometimes, I was more than grateful when it was finally here and save.

Suddenly a thought flashed through my mind like lightning.

The promise...

"Mr. Cobblepot?" Olga's voice pulled me back to reality.

"Yes!" Confused I stumbled forward and almost got into a paint bucket.

Olga laughed. "What?! I hissed grumpily 'til I noticed that I had accidentally painted myself while my thoughts were wandering.

"Not funny," I grumbled. Luckily it was just one of my old shirts instead of my suit.

The housekeeper shook her head amused, continuing to paint the wall of the baby's nursery.

Rolling my eyes I also continued my work.

• • •

Exhausted and tired, we finished in late noon. "I'll go to bed now, Olga. Let's clean this mess up tomorrow." Yawning I reached for the doorknob.

"It's fine, I'll finish up this for you." She said, twisting up the sentence.

I flashed her a thankful smile and made my way into the bedroom.
As I finished dressing into some comfortable clothes, lying in the bed, thinking. I suddenly felt the baby kicking.

Smiling I put my hand onto my bump, concentrating on every single kick and movement.

Soon...

• • •

~Helix