The accident

Oswald's POV

1 day later, in the evening...

I was sitting at the Karmin, staring into the flames of the blazing fire with a glass of water in my hand and wished it was alcohol to make myself unconscious, so I could forget all that shit...

But pregnancy said "Hello"...

It kinda felt really frustrating that this blonde bitch didn't leave her hands off of Ed. But I wouldn't be Oswald Cobblepot if I hadn't a serious solution to eliminate the problem...

Suddenly I saw rushing past the living room.
After he received a note from Isabella, he decided to go by himself and tell her that it was over.
It was a small spark of hope for me, but I knew how easily Ed could be influenced, so I couldn't rely on it and therefore I took matters into my own hands.

"Ed? How'd she take it?"

"What? Oh, Uhm, um...everything is...wonderful!" He flashed a smile. For a short moment, I felt my heart aching in pain.

"Isabella showed me that, uh I was worried over nothing."

I got up, walked up to him, and pulled the taller male into an embrace, pretending to be happy for him. "I'm so happy for you! But why are you back?"

"Well, she had to go to her conference. I insisted, " he responded.

"You're a Goodman. Oh yeah, that's what you are. But you look done in. I will hear all about it tomorrow. Get some sleep." Ed smiled thankfully and left.

I sat down in my chair again as all of a sudden one of my liegemen was standing in the door frame. He owned me the report about Isabella.

"Got to give her credit. She fought for him. Too bad she underestimated her opponent." I spoke theatrically.

He nodded monotonously.

"I'm assuming it's done."

"Yup." He raised a plier. "Feel kind of bad though, boss. I always liked librarians."

"You?" I asked blankly. "What about poor Ed? He will be heartbroken..."

I sniffled. "Luckily he has a shoulder to cry on."

And a future family by his side. I thought to myself.

• • •

~ Helix❤