Unfulfilled Promise.

“What’s up, doods?! RegularTimer here! And you’re in the walkplay of…. DUN DUN DUN….. Luciusssss….. same as my name! Well, almost.” Lucia spoke through the webcam as she tried to imagine where to point the title when the video’s done. “Oh, yes…. We’re gonna do some evil sh-tuff around here, oh, we are… we are…” she added as she rubs her hands together naughtily.

As she pressed the start button on her monitor, the phone rang. And yes, right in the middle of recording the video. She groaned softly and dragged her movable ‘office’ chair to the side-drawer where the phone lay to utter an annoyed ‘hello’.

“Hello? Is this Lucia Rockfort?” A man said through the phone.

“Uhh, dood… its appropriate to introduce yourself first before asking someone’s name…” she replied in a matter-of-factly.

“Oh, you really are RegularTimer…” he whispered which was fortnately audible.

“Say what? And yes, that’s me….” She now said, a sense of happiness in her tone. A feeling of someone recognizing her by her username feels so good. A username that has been used for her secret hobby.  “And what about it?"

“I’m a Job Provider in Youtube….” He says.

“Yeah?.... So?” She stalls.

“Well, you see… Society has voted you as the winner of this years collaboration with viral Youtubers!”

“Y-You’re kidding…. This is a prank, I know it…. Malcolm, is this you?” She said, totally doubting.

“No, really…. They want you on a plane first thing in the morning to Sweden…”

“Wait, Sweden?! Why do I have to go there, why not the other one?!” she said, freaking out to leave in short notice.

“Well, he’s sort of the prize and he’s the king of gaming, as people say…” he replied, his voice shaking for fear of giving false truth.

“But… Just—AGH! Fine…. For my doods… and… That guy…. When’s the separation day?” she asks, sighing.

“At the end of the year…”

“But this year’s just started!...”

“That’s the point…”

“Ugh, fine… What time’s the flight?”

“7 am…. Sharp. It’s an 18 hour flight so better prepare…”

“Oh, I’ll prepare alright… OK, I’ll take the job…”

“Good. Then we shall be expecting your first video with your partner the day after tomorrow.” He then hung up before she could say anything else.  But she forgot one question.

“Wait! Who’s my part…. Ner….? GAH!....” she furiously screamed as she placed the phone back to its pedestal.

She took one more look to her webcam’s application, it’s been running for seven minutes now. And before she closed the application, she saved the video. Better remember how she got her first job especially in doing what she really likes. She got out her suitcase and started packing the essentials, clothes, underwear, hygiene stuff, money and equipment.

She lives in an apartment. Its not just an apartment….. Its an old and battered apartment bearable for a person of patience and simplicity of lifestyle. Her parents and other siblings worked in another country, working endlessly to provide everyone the sufficient amount of money for everyday needs. The parents and the sister provide for her, giving her the privilege of not finding any jobs for her own cause she can still live with the current flow of money.

And with that, she drifted off to sleep, immediately breaking the promise her Doods asked from her, which is posting another video of Lucius Gameplays.