March: Repentance.

“Glob, glob, glob…” Lucia paced back and forth as Jack sat on the couch, massaging his forehead. The rain pattered endlessly outside now and there’s nothing they can do about it. Occasionally, thunder boomed outside and lightning followed shortly after, startling the two in the room.

“Lucia… Don’t make such a fuss about it…” Jack finally said something. Lucia didn’t stop walking in her never-ending pace. “Come on… He’ll never know.”

“Shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot… No… no, no, no…” she murmured to herself. She was freaking out, badly. Frankly, she just cheated on her boyfriend. “This CANNOT be happening.”

Jack finally stood up to hold her by the shoulders. He shakes her after a few calls of her name and looks into her dilating eyes. “Hey… We can keep this to ourselves.”

Now, Lucia was still in the action of continuing her sentences. She is totally creeping Jack out. “No, this is all but a nightmare, I’d like to wake up now.” She closes her eyes shut, them opens them back again to see that she’s still in the same universe. She broke away from him, getting out through the front door without saying goodbye.  Jack caught up with her before she closes the door.

“Are you crazy?! Have you seen that its pouring outside?!” he shouted at her. Lucia looked away, whimpering. She bit her lip and looked into his eyes. She doesn’t know what to do. All she could think about is Felix. The one with Jack felt SO wrong. So wrong that she could give anything to take that moment back.

“I know. And I have to get back to my boyfriend. Now, will you please excuse me.” She wriggled out from his strong grip and moved past him. She could just forget about him, but still stay as friends all the same. Jack lets her walk for the first five seconds until Jack interrupted again.

“At least take this with you.”

She looked back to see a blue and grey umbrella, ready for use. She thought about it for a moment and grabbed it softly. She put on a weak smile before dashing out straight off the hallway. The old man they encountered earlier was now walking to his own room, still smiling as he saw Lucia running away from Jack.

It was a hassle, but she managed to do it. Aside from the rain on her cheeks as she ran, she thought she really had been sweating. She passed that traffic light and she made that turn on McDonald’s that she recalled had been there when they made their way through. There weren’t many people on the sidewalk except hooded figures with umbrellas hiding their faces and jackets that seem to dangle freely with the wind.

She could imagine the figures criticising her for the sin she committed. “Traitor.” “Betrayer.” “Liar.” Were the words she could hear in her mind as she passed the slow figures she walked passed with.

She couldn’t take the guilt anymore and ran twice as fast. She doesn’t care if she slips or falls. The small amount of make up on her face melted away from the rain or possibly her tears. The chains of her jeans was like a metronome, depicting time and synchronicity. Time grew slower to her mind as she thought of how Felix may react to her treachery.

She finally came across the familiar building that she had been living in for the past 3 months. She closed the umbrella as she stepped on to the porch. Her boots were wet and her shirt and pants were drenched, occupying every crevice of her body. Her hair is all disheveled from all the running and the rain. Even with the umbrella, she looked like she came straight from a hurricane anyway.

She opened the entrance door, her boots leave water marks on the floor as she made rubber-y, scrunchy sounds. The person tending the foyer looked at her like she was lost or something. But she knew the tenant anyway and let her through.

The door. The knock. Alright. Felix opened the door a few moments later. Warm air greeted her at last and his face was like heaven to her. His expression was confused and shocked at her appearance.

“What the hell happened to you?!” Felix said as he lets Lucia in, running to the bathroom to get a towel. Even with the warm air, Lucia’s teeth were chattering. Every thing looks fine as it is. It was like she never left. The pillow that was left ruffled on the couch was still there. All that changed was the ‘office’ section where Felix records his videos.

“Felix… I have to tell you something.” Lucia manages to say as he finally comes back with a long, red towel.

“Shhh…. You better rest first…. More or less… Change..” Felix replied as he lifts Lucia up to her feet. She just wanted to say it out loud but then she realized that fatigue and cramps finally got a hold of her and she didn’t have the energy to say it.

“I missed you.” Felix says as he swipes Lucia’s hair away from her face to get a good look at her. He kisses her forehead and stands up to make hot chocolate from the kitchen.

Should she tell him? She DOES love him. But the thought of him possibly getting angry at her made her heart sink. It was a hard decision to make. She stood up from the couch, changing clothes to see Felix just putting the cup on top of the table.

Seeing that she was finally dressed and partly dry, Felix patted to the seat next to him. Lucia reluctantly followed, her hair still cold from the climate.

“So, what happened?” Felix asked to start a conversation.

“Um. We made a collaboration.”

“Whoaaaa! Is it posted already?”

“I don’t know.”

She was so blunt. Nervous. Everything.

“Hey, what’s wrong? You look a little…. Down on the dumps.” He looks into her eyes.

An explosions of emotions and calculative thoughts rushed through her mind. The causes and effect of every action she might do. Still, Felix can still differ from the images she can get from her mind. What if he DOES forgive her, and she can finally die in peace. What if not, not only her heart will be affected but also her job. But she’s not doing it for the job.

Without a doubt, she decided to give it a stupid try. Lucia unexpectedly hugged him, letting her hot, steamy tears flow from her eyes. Felix, confused, decided to roll with it as he comforts her.

“Felix… I… I’m.. Sorry.” She sniffled.

“Uh, sorry for what, exactly?”

“Something… happened.” Stalling is never good.

“What? WHAT? Did Jack do something to you?” he now broke the hug, holding her away at arm’s length. She couldn’t do anything but nod silently. Felix’s eyes seemed to widen and his eyebrows soon narrowed down, making Lucia look away. “Tell me everything.”

“He.. He kissed me… And it was all my fault… I just… Stood there…. I’m sorry, Felix.” Lucia had the courage to face her fears and face him. He was shocked at the verdict she gave him now that he has a new perception of things. Telling by the looks of his face, Lucia’s tears began to intensify.

Just then, Lucia could feel warmth. Pressure. Arms around her. She could feel hot breath on her exposed shoulders as he brushes the back of Lucia’s hair lovingly. A feeling of confusion and relief struck Lucia. Still, she felt guilty and she knew she HAD to make it up to him.

“…. N-No matter what… I still love you. And you’re still my partner. And no one can take you away from me.” He says as he kisses her cheek.

“I.. I love you too, Felix.” She replied as she gripped the sleeves of his shirt like there’s no tomorrow. The weight of the world was off her shoulders as Felix finally says the word of forgiveness.

“Besides, I could never stay mad at you. You’re too adorable!” he says as he changes the subject after moments of silence. She managed to crack a weak laugh at his statement. “And I’d like to have a word with him some time.”

Lucia gasped. No. This might be the epic Youtuber Battle of the year.