May: Side Job?

DAMN! APRIL WAS A LONG SET OF CHAPTERS.

Just a regular, normal day back at the apartment. Felix was eating cereal in the kitchen, Lucia was getting the milk in the fridge. They both feel like they were practically married. As Lucia placed down the cold carton of milk on the breakfast table, two knocks were heard on the door.

“I’ll get it.” Lucia was totally taking this relationship to a somewhat new feel. Why not make it like the overly-American marriage-type feel?

She happens to find two men in suits standing on her doorstep, a man wearing glasses and a man who had none but was taller than the first one. These two look VERY VERRRY familiar. Something tells her they’re on Youtube’s side again.

“How may I help you?” Lucia starts.

“We’re the Fine Brothers.” Said the one with glasses.

“Benny and Rafi Fine.” The other added as he pointed out their names to her.

“Wait… Fine Brothers… Fine Brothers… Where have I heard that before?” Lucia murmurs to herself as she taps her fingers on the doorknob.

“Perhaps you might have known us for our…” Rafi, the tall guy, who was probably the oldest started.

“React video series.” Benny, the man with glasses finished as he pushed them back up to the bridge of his nose.

Immediately, the memories of Kids React, Teens React, Elders React and the newly rising trend of their videos, Youtubers React came into Lucia’s mind. She widely opens the door for the two world-famous Youtube directors and lets them in. Usually, she would have expected a call but meeting them in person? In their apartment? That would downright make anyone clutch their hearts and kneel, begging.

“So, let’s cut to the chase..” Benny said as he took a seat on the couch.

“We want YOU and Pewdiepie to join in our online video show, Youtubers React!” Rafi continued as he sat beside his brother. “Where is Mr. Kjellberg, anyways?”

“Oh, uh. Wait just a second~” Lucia said as she snaps out of her stupor and runs to the kitchen, only to find Felix still munching on his Frosties, unaware of the glorious situation.

“Whoa, you look happy.” Felix mentions as Lucia’s smile was still plastered on her face. She placed her palms on the table to get Pewdie’s attention and gestured him to stand up and walk with her to the living room.

“Felix, you are not gonna BELIEVE who’s in our living room right now!” Lucia exclaimed as she grabs onto Felix’s arm to tug him faster.

~

“Oh, my God, you guys, of course we’ll take the job!” Felix says as he puts an arm around Lucia as they both sat on the couch, accepting the Fine Brothers’ offer. “When do we start?”

“Oh, um, actually, the Studio is in the States… And the next flight won’t take off until Friday, so, I guess you’ll have two days to pack.” Benny said as he looks at his brother to check if his schedule is correct.

At that same moment that Benny said ‘States’, Felix and Lucia locked eyes at each other with excited looks on their faces. It was a feeling of total bemusement with them thinking that, “What are the odds that they’re gonna go back to Lucia’s home?”

“We’ll give you a call when we’re gonna pick you up. Don’t worry. The flight’s all arranged.”

The two brothers stood up, brofisted and shook hands with their chosen ones and let themselves out the door. It was an experience they will never forget. Lucia and Felix looked at each other with eyes sparkling of ‘Updating Tweets’.