April: Exceeding Warmth.

“So, why the National Park, you guys?”Felix starts as he pokes the campfire, making small bits of glowing ashes dance around the air. Lucia watched as the fire reacted to his action.

She still had not let go of the feeling that Felix was only playing around with her. Yeah, it made him quite sure that she’d frantically weep over him but that just downright made her worry. She tries to shrug it off, hoping she won’t ruin the only reason why they came to the place. To have fun and forget the stress.

“Well, our friend reported seeing strange accounts of ghost sightings all over the place… We’d just drop by and see for ourselves.” Lorenzo said, putting down his scarf that protected his neck from mosquitos.

A flash!

“Alex!” Lorenzo shouted as Lucia and Felix looked over to his friend, holding a camera. “You shouldn’t take pictures of them willy-nilly!”

“Well, I couldn’t pass by the opportunity.” Alexander replied as he raised his hands with the camera apologetically.

“Oh, bro, its fine, really.” Felix says as he pats Lorenzo on the shoulder. Alex playfully pulls his tongue out at him. Lorenzo rolled his eyes in return. “Bro, you alright?”

Lucia didn’t look up from the fire. After the camera flash, she just went back to being quiet like nothing has happened. She didn’t look up because there were two possible bros he was talking too. But she was wrong when he placed his hand on her shoulder. She jumped but then realized that it was just Felix who broke her trance.

“Y-Yeah.. I’m fine.” She finally turned to him, smiling weakly as the fire illuminated half of her features.

That smile melted his heart completely. So innocent and helpless. Felix returned the look with a sympathetic one. As they exchanged comforting looks at each other, Alex exclaims a silent ‘whoa’ as he hands his camera to his friend.

“Uh, you bros have to see this.” They heard Lorenzo’s voice as they finally broke their sights on each other.

The two Youtubers made their way to the two ghost-hunters, confused looks on their faces getting closer to the scene of the problem. Alex gave the camera to Felix, avoiding eye-contact. A faint wisp of smoke can be seen floating just above Lucia’s right shoulder, continuing right across Felix’s forehead. Doubting that it was just smoke from the fire, Felix gave the camera back to its owner.

“Hey! I wanna see!” Lucia pleaded for she didn’t even get a single glance at the photo.

“N-Nothing, its just… You had a funny face~” Pewdie said, reverting the subject.

“I wasn’t making any funny faces!” she replied, her curiosity rising. Scared of what Lucia might do to him, Alex lets her snatch the camera from him, raising his hands in surrender after. “Haha… V-Very funny, guys.”

“Uhhh… We’re not kidding.” Lorenzo said as he gets closer to the fire as things started to get chilly.

“Probably just some stray smoke from the fire.” Felix said, faking the feeling of uncertainty.

“Um, does smoke come in white strip form now?” Alex murmured.

“Thanks a lot, Lex.” Lorenzo nudged.

“Psh, whatever, you guys. I’m going to bed.” Lucia said, making an abrupt decision to leave the campfire and head for the tent. “You coming?”

“… I’ll be right after….” Felix replied, trying his best to swat away blood-sucking insects from his skin.

~