April: Outdoor Experience, Much?

“Dude! The signal here’s awesome!” Lucia exclaimed as it only took three seconds for her facebook page to load.

Ching~! Lucia looked up to see Felix holding his phone just above her surprised and contented-with-the-internet face. “PERFECT!”

“Oi, no fair!” she gasped, hoping it would make Felix delete the unexpected picture.

“Make me, bro~” he replied, pulling out his tongue at her.

“Hmph. Tweet it if you will, I don’t care.” She smiled, giving up and focusing on her—their laptop. “Dude…. Five…. Five…”

“What? Five what?” Felix said, noticing that his girlfriend’s eyes are getting bigger.

“Five hundred and sixty-seven thousand likes!!!” by now, she was fanning herself with her hands, trying to calm herself down. “On my… p-p-page!!”

“Whoa, girl~ Take it easy~! You know only I can make you excited like that ;)” he joked.

“Seriously, though… Ever since I moved here… Everything just… just…. Skyrocketed. Yeah.”

“And with you, it’s the same for me…”

“….. What?”

“Uh, I mean… Well, you get the idea, bro.”

“DUDE! YOU RUINED THE MOMENT~”

“Wha… I’m no good at this, a’ight?!”

The two Youtubers broke into a fit of laughs, reminiscing of how awkward the first day of being together was and how closer than ever they are today. Its just like a fairytale, really. Getting a call—probably as same as getting a Fairy Godmother.

~

It was getting dark. A good time to pop up the recording app and play a game. The two were inside their tent, hiding from the open and possible nocturnal insects. They laid down on their mattresses, lying on their bellies as the screen illuminated light on their smiling faces.

“I feel a game of Slender coming on, don’t you think?” Felix suggested as the mouse cursor hovered over the Slender logo on the screen.

“Ooh~ Someone’s feeling a bit ball-sy today.”

“Well, we might as well since we’re… in the OUTDOORS….” He said as he emphasizes ‘outdoors’ with his fingers wiggling in front of his face.

“Oh, fine, then. I know where I can find the first two pages. I’ll take direction.” Lucia said, putting her fingers placed on the “W-A-(S)-D” position.

“And when did you learn that? Last time we played, we were wandering for the next 15 minutes..”

“I… learn from my mistakes.”

~

It wasn’t long before one single push of the ‘F’ button sent Lucia cornered in a bunch of narrow placed trees. She turned off the flashlight since the occasional sounding of the violins and the sudden static made them both jump. She held the shift key, never wanting to let go until she evaded the static sound on the screen.

Sadly, it didn’t and it soon caught up with her, making her shriek. Make that ‘the two of them shriek’. Playing Slender sure took a lot of stress and sanity to start with. They were compromising a less horrific game for now. Something that’ll take the pressure of getting killed away. Happy Wheels time!

Just then, as they waited for the Happy Wheels game to fully load, a twig snapped outside. The two of them jumped at the sound, still sensitive after playing Slender. What if he really is there? Lucia and Felix never believed at the thought of Slenderman’s probability of existence. He just came from a stream of accounts, that’s all. But still, the thought about it could drive someone nuts, yo.