t w o

e d w a r d

I could feel Demi's eyes bore into the back of my head as we walk out of the elevator. I sigh, knowing she was about to be inform about my problem.

I didn't got out much because I was always here, in the hospital.

My problem is my heart, it's failing me. I have diastolic dysfunction - or diastolic heart failure - where my heart contracts normally, but my ventricles do not relax properly or are stiff, and less blood enters my heart during normal filling. So I have the symptoms, which involves shortness of breath, fatigue, nausea, lose of appetite, dizziness, weakness, congestion of my lungs where I could start wheezing or coughing violently, sometimes I have to pee more than often, and those of what I have experience so far.

Demi follows me to my doctor, Sammy, a woman in her early forties, she's a great doctor.

"Hey Samuel," I joke as I greeted her and she scowls at the use of her name as she looks over at me from the computer she was using.

"It's Sammy, Edward." She says a bit sternly, her scowl turning into a confuse smile as she looks behind me. "And I'm sorry, who may you be?" Sammy says politely, her attention now on Demi.

Demi smiles warmly at her, offering her hand to shake. Sammy shakes it as Demi says. "I'm Demi Lovato, soon to be adoptive mom of this hella rad dude."

Sammy still had that confusion across her face as she glances at me for explanation. I shrug, smiling slightly at her.

"She's going to adopt me. Thought it'll be cool to be her son, I wanna see how this turns out." I say to her and she nods slightly.

"Yeah so I need to sign his papers and everything else, I'll like to take him home tonight." Demi says before Sammy motions her to follow her.

"Okay then, follow me. But I do need to tell you about his condition if you are going to be looking after him for a period of time. Ed, why don't you go pack up?" Sammy says and I nod before going to my room.

I started to pack up my things, hearing a sharp 'what?!' coming from Demi in the lobby, I guess Sammy told her about my heart problem.

After I finish putting my clothes in one suitcase, I started to put my electronics in the other.

"Hey man, heard you were leaving." Ronnie, a good friend of mine says from the doorway of my hospital room. I sigh, nodding my head as I look up at him.

"Yeah, I'm getting adopted." I say and he walks over to me, he clasps his hand against mine and we did a bro hug. He then pats my back and pulls away, telling me.

"Good, you should get out of this hell hole. At least one of us has to leave, never hesitate to call me bro. Ya hear me son?" He says and I nodded, smiling faintly at him. Ronnie has cancer, the docs say there isn't much time for him.

"Yeah man, don't worry about it. You know I'll probably be coming here from time to time, with the stupid heart. I'll see you when I see you." I tell him and he nods, giving me a grin before turning around and going back to his room.

After putting my electronics away, I was finish with everything that I needed to pack. Demi soon appears in the doorway as I was sitting on my bed, looking around the room that I had for a couple of months.

"Hey champ, ready to go?" Demi asks me, a small smile played on her red lips although she look like she was lost in thought.

"Yeah," I say and she walks over to me, sitting down beside me. I look around the familiar room that will be the room of another.

"Nice room you had here," She tells me, but I knew that her mind was probably filled with thoughts about my condition, probably wanting to ask me a lot of questions.