t w e n t y s e v e n

d e m i

After Edward sob his sick heart out, he fell asleep on me. My fingers run through his hair as I kiss his cheek. Then, I tighten my arms around him before standing up, holding him bridal style. I walk slowly yet carefully up to my room with him, hoping I wouldn't wake him up. Opening the door with my foot, I walk inside and laid him down on the bed. I carefully change him out into some comfortable clothes, taking off his shoes and jacket as I did so. When I was done, I bent over and kiss his forehead.

"I love you," I murmur.

Straightening up, I walk back to the hallway. I was about to close the door but went against it, instead I lean against the door way and cross my arms over my chest, watching Edward sleep.

My mind slip away from me, thoughts and memories crash down on me. I remember when I first saw Edward, in Rosie's Dinner, writing something. I then remember when I took him jet skiing, that was fun, I'm glad he had a fun time.

I was snap out of my thoughts when I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turn my head to look at the person. It was my mom. I smile at her. "Hey mommy," I say quietly, not wanting to wake Edward up.

She smiled at me, squeezing my shoulder a bit. "Hey baby, is he okay? I heard everything." She nods to Edward.

I nodded. "Yeah, he will be. He just needed to let someone hold him and talk. He's okay." I smiled softly at her.

Mom smiles at me and we turn to watch Edward sleep. His chest raises up and down, his arm drape over my pillow while he sleeps. "Is it weird that I watch him sleep?" I whisper to her.

Mom chuckles quietly, shaking her head. "No, not at all. I used to do that with you and your sisters. Its not weird." She whispers back and I look at her, tilting my head.

"You watch us sleep?"

"Mhmm."

"Why?"

"I wanted to see if you guys were okay."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I remember when you taught Maddie to say bitch." I smirk at her. "I was not amused. I remember you and Dallas swimming in the pool out back, you singing. I remember you landing Barney, Maddie with Desperate Housewives. I remember it all and honestly, I would do it again." Mom says and a smile creeps onto my lips. I push myself off the doorframe and wrap my arms around her, hugging her.

"I love you mom,"

"I love you too honey, so much."

The next morning, I woke up with a smile on my face. I buzzing with joy because it was Edward's birthday. He's turning fourteen today.

I walk upstairs after discussing with my family of what we were going to do. We were going to throw him a party, but he doesn't know that. So to get him out of the house long enough, I have called Riley, his friend. As much as I don't like that girl, she would be perfect to distract him for the day and keep him occupied. She would be here in a few, Maddie was going to drive them around for the day since I didn't trust those two alone. But here's the problem, I have no idea what to get him for his birthday but I have the day to get him a present.

Going into my room, I smiled as I open the door. Edward was sleeping, half of his face in the pillow and a bit of drool coming out of his mouth, snoring softly. Walking over to him, I sit down next to him and played with his hair.

I started to sing softly to him. "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday baby boy," I sang and smiled widely as he cracks a eye open before smiling widely.