t h i r t y f i v e

d e m i

My fingers caress Edward's dog tag, my eyes glue to the writing. I hadn't said a word since they brought Ed into surgery or whatever, which was an hour ago. Now I was seated in the waiting room, surrounded by other worried family members.

Nick had went to the gift store to get us some new shirts because ours was stained with blood.

Edward's blood.

I probably look like a goddamn mess, my eyes puffy, my hair all messy, my skin and clothes stain with dry blood, but in the moment, I didn't give two fucks.

The only concern I had was if Edward died.

I couldn't get his face out of my head, his eyes red with blood, his nose and mouth flooded with lots of blood and he looks at me as he drowns in his own blood, like he wanted to say something but couldn't. I didn't understand what he try to tell me.

He pressed the dog tag into my hand, and then his eyes rolled to the back of his head as I scream his name, his hand falling limply to his side.

A nurse push me back while the other doctors and nurses disappear around the corner, Nick's hand on my shoulder and I couldn't hear what the nurse was telling me, probably to stay here or something.

I turn to Nick, collapsing into his arms as sobs wreck my body.

I sighed, looking up when I saw someone stand in front of me. It was Nick.

He gives me a small smile and motions me to stand up. I did so, and he grabs my hand before pulling me out of the waiting room. I saw he had a bag in his other hand, probably of the clothes.

I followed him silently, into the men's bathroom. It was empty so he tells me to go to the sinks while he locks the door.

I pull myself up on the sink so I was sitting on it, watching him as he comes over to me.

"I got us some shirts, and some hoodies too since it's really cold in these hospitals." He tells me as he comes to stand in front of me, taking out a navy blue shirt then a gray one.

"Arms up," Nick tells me and I sigh, setting Edward's dog tag on my lap before lifting my arms. Nick takes off my shirt, so I only now was wearing my bra.

Nick throws my blood stain shirt away before grabbing some paper towels and wetting them.

He then starts clean my chest and arms, washing the blood away. I watch him as he does this, humming a song under his breath.

"I love you," I whisper to him, leaning my forehead against his.

"I love you too." He whispers back, and I feel him kiss my lips. I kissed him back, grabbing his face gently in my hands.

He pulls away after a few moments and I sigh, before reaching over and grabbing some paper towels.

I wetted them and look back at Nick. He already has took off his shirt, so I started to wash the dry blood off his chest.

"What are you thinking?" He asks me quietly, watching me.

I didn't glance at him, just continue to wipe the blood away. "Stuff." I simply answer, shrugging my shoulders.

I finish and threw away the paper towels before putting on my gray shirt. Nick puts on his navy blue shirt and I sit there, my legs dangling and my head bent, eyes starting at Edward's dog tag and my fingers fiddling with it.

"Of?" Nick asks me, leaning his forehead against mine and softly stroking my sides.

"God. I-I need to talk with Him," I admitted and look into his eyes. He nodded and moves back, I jump off the sink.