Chapter 6: Past Dreams and New Presents

Ooo..lots of stuff is answered in this chapter. Enjoy :) 

P.S. My mother reads this. Say Hi to my mom. I'll tell her. Lol 

Chapter 6: Past Dreams and New Presents

Aiden

"You fucked up man," Finn says to me. I spent the hour thinking, pacing, over thinking, and probably sweating pit stains in my shirt. I wanted to call someone and I tried Adam, but he didn't answer. So I left him a message and Finn was next on the need to tell list.

 I've been updating him about everything. He was supposed to come this weekend with me to help me out with my interview for ESPN, but he was not answering his phone and that was not helping my maybe life-changing situation.

I run my hands across my face. "I know. I didn't mean for that to happen." Finn didn't frown at me like I thought he would. "Well if she is, then it's okay at least she's hot." I frown at him. "That doesn't help." Finn laughs and sips his Gatorade. "Calm down. She may not even be pregnant. It's a fifty-fifty chance." I get up and pace the room.

"What if she is and the kid has to go through some parental problem because its parents don't love each other." Finn looks at me weird. "Well, you could grow to love her."

I stop and watch as my mind starts to fill pictures of Nia. They start to come back like flashbacks, her face, her hair, her body, her laugh, her smile, her ass. The way she walked, the way she talked, the way she looked at me when she was upset, and the way she would run her fingers through my hair was all coming back.

Nia was sleeping and I was on my phone. It was a long day for her; she had a bunch of tests to take and had a project that she had to present. When she was done doing stuff for school I picked her up because her mom had the car for that day and I drove her to her house. It was late now and I couldn't sleep. I was up playing a game and also texting my little sister. Why she wasn't sleeping right now was curious to me. She asked if I could pick her up from her choir concert. I apologize and tell her to call mom.

Nia stirs next to me but goes still again. She had her cap on to over her hair, which she rarely wore. Well, at least she didn't wear it when I was around. I poke at her ear and take pictures her as she moves around. I try not to laugh loud, knowing I'm being childish. I only send the pictures to Adam though. Her lips perk out like they always do and I find that adorable. She moves closer to me and I take this cute moment and capture it. Putting a little flash on, it worked out well. I save the picture before putting my phone away. My sleeping beauty. I love her.

"You love who?" I heard. I blink out of my flashback. "What?" Finn drinks his drink. "You said you love her, who's her?" I look at him wide eyed. "A girl who must not be named until I see her again," I replied.

~~~ 

                I wake up in the morning and feel my stomach get queasy. This uneasiness I feel about her is stressing me out, but I can handle it. At this moment, I imagine Adam slapping me and telling me to grow some balls. I would thank him later, but now I am hungry. I walk to my kitchen and look around.  It is plain and I have no food. "Damnit," I close the door and grab my wallet. Off to the store I go.

                I pull out of my driveway and head to the grocery store. I was wearing a blue shirt and some gray sweats and a hoodie to match. I cover my head and maneuver my way through the store. I go to the aisle with drinks after getting all the food I wanted to eat for the next few weeks. I had chips, meat, cheese, bread, milk, and a bunch of vegetable and fruit.