Chapter 28: Promises

Yay! both False Claim and OWL had been updated. Enjoy and make sure you comment :D I will try to fix any of my errors. And Once this one is over, before I start on OWF (Our Weird Forever Trilogy to the Our Weird Series) I will go back and edit book 1 and book 2.

P.S. you all should go like my picture on Instagram. If you don't already follow me, then its (_karrie_999) :) Enjoy The Chapter.

Chapter 28: Promises

            I turned around and I saw Aiden. He had stopped in his tracks, with a look in his eyes that I couldn't quite understand. Richard stood up, and Aiden closed the door. He took his eyes off me and looked to him. Hope was struggling to get out of Richard's arms to get to Aiden's. He took her from his father, smiling to her. "Hey baby girl."

He looked at me and then back at his father. "What are you doing here Dad?"

 "I came to tell you that Daniel wants you to attend his birthday party on Sunday." I turned to Richard. "Who is Daniel?" The several emotions I was feeling was beginning to sky rocket.

"Daniel is my stepson." I looked to Aiden, who didn't show the slightest bit of emotion.

 I was starting to feel way out of the loop of everything. And the conversation that was going to come after all of this wasn't going to be pretty. I go into the kitchen, clearing up my feelings before I exploded.

I was watching the food cook and sipped on my glass of water. The food was almost ready and Aiden and his father happened to leave the living room. They were probably sharing more things that I would never know, but later on find out.

Aiden and I've never had a problem with telling each other things unless one of us as wrestled it out from the other. Our fights never escalated unless I was really upset. I've never gotten this upset since whole Willow stalker thing. Aiden didn't tell me until I pressured him to, and then after that, we saw what happened.

The ding signals the finish of our dinner. I take it out pan and slam the door shut. When it makes a loud noise, I almost feel bad for slamming it too hard. I set it the food down on the table and prepare to eat. Sitting down, I wait for Aiden and his father to get done.

They eventually come out, and Hope was bouncing in Aiden's arms. They come out with content faces, I wonder what was said.

"Bye Dad." Aiden says. His father pulls him into a hug, and by Aiden's body; I could tell he went still, not expecting that.

"Goodbye Nia." Richard said to me.

I stood up, but didn't move from behind the table. "Goodbye Mr. Thomas."

He touches Hope's cheek and Aiden shuts the door behind him.

Aiden turns to look at me, meeting my eyes. I wanted him to say something. To spout out his feelings like I wanted to do with mine, because I know he heard what I said about his father.

He sat Hope down in her highchair and made himself a plate. I did the same, getting impatient. Right before I was about to open my mouth and say something, Aiden stopped me. "I heard everything that you said to my father. Well at least the last part," He said. "This is great by the way baby."

 I frowned, trying to control the leap in my stomach when he said that.

"Thank you, but I know you heard everything. What I am upset about is that you didn't tell me that you forgave your dad. You didn't think I should have known that he already probably half assed apologized to you about everything he did. I can't just easily forgive him, it's not that easy when his words effected the decision that I made to leave you because I thought it would help."