Chapter 31: Yet to Come

A week left guys. That's what I have left of High School. I apologize for not updating on Friday. I went to see Pitch Perfect 2 and was tired when I came back. I couldn't stay awake, so I didn't update. However Today is a different day! :D

I was thinking about putting this at the end, but not everyone reads the end. (Which is upsetting) Anyway, I was estimated the number of chapters OWL will have. It will have 40 chapters, with a side little book for Any Questions you guys have for me. They can be Personal, About OWR, or the series itself, I don't care. I just want to answer any questions you have about the book or me, or you can ask me something personal. I just want you guys to have a chance to know me outside of reading my work.

So if I stay on track with my chapters, then it will end at 40. If i stay on track with my weekly updates, then the book will be done by July. I know that sounds far, but it depends. I don't know how this summer will treat me, but hopefully I can stay on track for you guys. After OWL ends, I'm going to go back and edit OWR. Fix up my mistakes and dial down some of my things. Make it seem more professional.

So Now, back to this story. Enjoy the chapter and excuse any mistakes.

Chapter 31: Yet to Come         

Aiden

                                 I pull Hope to me by her pants loops, trying to get her to come by me. "Mom can you hand me her shirt." She does, and I pull the shirt over her body. I grab her shoes and lace them up. I finished dressing her and put her down on her bottom. "Be good for Nana, okay Hope?" I tell her. She was playing with the beaded necklace my mother let her borrow.

                                            We had a team meeting but I was about to be late if I didn't hurry up. I had to wait for my mother to show up before I could leave Hope unattended to take a shower. She's grasping things and putting them in her mouth, I don't want to come back and see her eating something. So I had to wait.

                                            "Daddy is going to go get ready to go, can I have a kiss?" I pucker my lips and she meets mine, giving me a big kiss. She babbles something to me, as I stand up.

                                            "Aiden is going to be right back sweetheart." My mom says to her. She goes to pick Hope up. "Say bye Hope." She babbles her reply. I waved to her, and she waved back. "Bye mom." I kiss my mother's cheek and watch them leave.

                                            I go to my room and change my clothes. When my phone rings, I stop. I didn't recognize the number. I've been getting calls from this unknown number and never answered it. I was going to answer it and tell them to stop calling.  "Hello? Whoever this is, I think you have the wrong number. Please stop calling me." The phone was silent. I look at it, and then put it back to my ear. "Don't call again." I say again and hang up.

                                            I turn off my car and race to the field. The team was out on the field, running. "Thomas! Finally you show up." My coach acknowledges my tardiness. "Sorry Coach, I got caught up with my daughter and—"Its fine, just rile up the team." I yell for the guys to stop running. Everyone stops and turns to me. We all get in a circle around coach.  "Alright, we are having a Senior Night for our senior players and we will also announce next year's spots. Some will stay the same, and some will not. We have to keep up our lucky streak if we're going to stay on top next year. So everyone be here Thursday at seven." We break and relax. I go to sit on the bench with Finn, when Coach comes up to me. "Thomas, private talk now, in my office." I glance at the guys, and follow him.