Chapter 26: Mr. and Mrs. Lone

If some of you didn't know, Adam has been mixed this whole time. Just reminding you guys that, cause some of my friends at my school didn't know that. 

I'm sorry! I know I'm hella late with updating, I should have done it yesterday, but I fell asleep early. My first year in High School is almost over. I got like a month left and I'm done. I don't really like the people there anyway, but that can be another Author's Note. Right Now I'm going to move on and let you guys Enjoy This Chapter! :D 

(P.S. Make sure you read the stuff at the end so you can get an inside about The last book the Our Weird Series and so you can comment to my questions. :D )

Chapter 26: Mr. and Mrs. Lone

Aiden

It was around midnight when I got up. I heard Hope crying and I go in her room and see her sitting up in bed. I set her down around 8:30, and stayed up till ten. Seeing the room Drew and I created for our baby, made me wonder what was wrong with Hope. I fed her before bed, and she was always fine through the night.

 Tears were clouding my pretty little daughter’s eyes as I came in.

 I picked her up and sit down in the brown rocking chair. She quiets down when I start to rock the chair. She babbles something soft, putting her head on my chest. I rub her curls, and kiss her forehead.

“You just wanted to be held in daddy’s arms didn't you?”

I remember looking at Drew in that exact door way and telling her that we would do this together. I didn't expect anything to happen six months ago on my baby’s birthday. I don’t know what would have happened, if Drew and I would have stayed together, or if I would have left  to find Nia. I didn't know anything, but what I did know was that I never wanted to lose Nia again.

I wanted her here with me, by my side in bed every day. I wanted to see her in the morning, cooking us breakfast and playing with Hope. I wanted to come home and see her. I wanted to tell her about my day and hear her talk about hers, and then I want to fall asleep next to her. I wanted all of her.

I didn't want her to leave me again.

 I didn't want her to leave us.

 I look down at a now back to sleep Hope. Her little mouth was open, and she was peacefully breathing. Hope needed someone, just like Drew said. I am never going to take away Hope’s thoughts about Drew; she is going to know about her mom. But I am going to do as she said. I found someone that I love completely and want to teach our daughter all the things that will make her into the person she will be.

And when she is sixteen, I will give her that note. And whatever it says, I hope she will realize that even though Drew isn’t here, she will always be a part of her.

I blink, and a slow tear ran down my face. I wipe it away and kiss my daughters head. I slowly put her back in her crib and leave. Going back to my room, I lie in my bed and grab my phone. I dial Nia’s number and pray that she just may be awake. She was out with Beth for the rest of the day, Beth had some crazy party idea for her, but I planned to get at least one moment with her.

Her voice mail picks up, saying,

“Hey it’s Nia, if you called me and I didn't answer, then I’m probably sleep, or just couldn't come to the phone,” She laughs, that laugh that I know so well and continues. “But leave a message, and I’m sure I’ll get back to you.”

And that’s what I do.

~~~

Nia