Chapter 1: The Beginning

YAYYYYY!!!! This is it, Guys! :D SORRY FOR ANY ERRORS :D 

Chapter 1: The Beginning

Nia

2 years later

                "Holy Cheese Crackers." I turn around from staring at the campus. London was beautiful, with all the towers and mind-blowing sights that I don't think I can ever get used to. The weather was great right now at least; last week it rained every day. I had gotten an apartment for the time I spent here, but I decided to be in a dorm this year.

                When I moved here a year ago, I was terrified. I didn't know what to do, where to go, what to see. I was lost and just wanted to find the place I rented. All my things were prepared and I just wanted to go to sleep. I had a heavy case of jet lag and couldn't handle it. I decide to pack and come early so I could be prepared. I didn't want to jump into this and not know what I was coming for. London was a big place and I wanted to be ready.

Wanted

                I used that word a lot. I wanted a lot of things. I wanted to be here, I wanted to start fresh, I wanted some food. My stomach growled as I walk up to the doors. People were crowded around somewhere on the side of the building; I go there, following what seemed like information. Standing on top of some stool, a guy was talking about the school. I think he was the many tour guys around. I decided to just see everything on my own.

                Finding my room I go in and see two beds, one was already occupied while the other was blank. I set my stuff down and hope that my roommate isn't some weirdo. I find somewhere to put all my stuff and can't help to sit down and relax. The bed was nice and plush; it had a hotel feeling to it. I lie down and look around. I was going to have to get used to all of this.

                I hadn't realized I went to sleep until I felt like someone was looking at me. I open my eyes and was right. I screech and jump back. It was a girl with brown hair and green eyes. She laughs at my facial expression and wraps her wet hair into a bun. "You are a heavy sleeper." She says in a thick accent. I run my hands through my hair and lick my lips. "I'm Piper, and you must be Nia?" She turned around and looked at me. She was walking back and forth from the bathroom to the room wearing a bathrobe. "Um, yes I am. Nice to meet you." I hold out my hand to shakes hers and she returns the gesture. "Oh, you're American." She studies my face. "Yes."

She lets go of my hand and returns to the bathroom. "Well Nia what do you think about it so far?" She asked from the bathroom. I take my things and straighten them up. "Fine. I've actually lived here for a year, so London its self isn't new to me. This place is." She comes back out with an oversized sweatshirt on and jeans. "Oh, so you haven't been around the school?" I shake my head. "I can take you around if you want. I'm not usually the type to be all cheerful and stuff, but I made a new year's resolution to be nice."

                "I know what you're saying," I mumble to myself more than her. "Uh?" She pokes her head out. "I mean you don't have to show me around, it looks like you have somewhere to go." I grab the pillow I brought and sat it on my lap. "I was just going to meet a friend at the coffee shop, but it's okay." She puts in some earrings and opens the door. "After you American girl." I put my shoes back on and lead the way.

                ~~~

                "Alright, this right here is the library." She showed me to a room of books that had a huge open window. It was beautiful, being as I was partly a book nerd. "You read books?" I nod, we move along to different places. I stop when we walk past the rec room and I heard the news.