Chapter 17: Waiting

Alrightly guys :) There will be more Naiden in the next chapter too. So don't worry. Enjoy this ;) And if you want to, I suggest you listen to Ellie Goulding Love me like you do for Fifty Shades of Grey when it gets to the part Aiden and Nia start talking, because it's cute. 

Chapter 17: Waiting

Nia

            I go to Kain and take his friend’s spot. “Kain I’m sorry.” He looks up at me, “Can we talk about this at my house?” I nod. That’s the least I can do. Kain gets up and there’s a cab waiting outside the bar. I have all my stuff and get in behind him. We take a quiet ride back to his place and my stomach is in knots. The car stops and I get out. Kain gives the cabbie money and I wait for him to unlock the door. He follows me up the porch and eyes me.

Gosh what am I doing?

 We walk in together and he stops. “What is it?”

                “I know I’m a bitch for doing this, but I have to see him. I can’t betray him like I did last time, I left because of my own damn feelings, but this time my feelings don’t matter. I need to be there for him, but I don’t want you to think I didn’t care about you. Because I do, I care about you a lot. And that is why this is hurting as much as I thought it would. You’re such a nice person and you’re mysterious, beautiful, and just everything a girl could want, and that’s why I’m doing this now,” Kain steps towards me.

 “I told you that I gave up Aiden, because I thought it would help him. And it did, He is everything he wanted to be. But now he has a little girl that just lost her mom. He’s probably feeling broken and lost, and there was a time when he felt like that before, and I wasn’t there for him. I want to be there for him now.”

He cups my face and brushes his lips across mine. I didn’t stop him, because this is what he wanted. And I was going to give him that. I let him breath in one last smell, one last kiss, one last touch, one last caress, and one last look. I slowly let go and step out of his reach.

 “Say something Kain.”

“What am I supposed to say Nia?” He closed his fist, “That I don’t want you to go? I would be a fucking jerk if I did. If I kept you here captive and never let you go, you would resent me for that. That’s not what I want for you. I knew from the beginning that you were guarded, but that didn’t faze me. I knew what I was getting myself into when I asked Piper about you. Either it was going to be you or me getting hurt at the end, and I knew that,”

 My eyes started to water.

“I don’t regret anything. You are beautiful, strong, and everything a guy could want. I just happen to be the second guy.” I blink and a tear escapes. “I'll stay down here while you get your things.” He says. I walk up the stairs, and collect my things. My clothes, shoes, personal items, and things he bought me. I fit them all in a bag and call Beth.

“I’ll come get you. Just let Aiden cool off for a second. He’s as confused and shocked as you were.” I nod, “Alright. I’ll be outside waiting.” I walk back down the stairs and see Kain drinking something. “Nia?” I turn to him. “Yes?” He shakes his head. “I hope he realizes that he’s got the most amazing person in his clutch, and he should never let her go.” I put my head down, Jesus take the wheel.

        I look back up at him and he takes my hand. Planting a little kiss upon my knuckles, he looks into my eyes and caresses my face. “Goodbye, love,” I close the door behind me and let some tears trickle down. “It’s okay.” Beth said. I set my stuff in her back seat and get in the front. She starts up the car and we drive back to my dorm.