Chapter 24: My Everything

I have this huge ass headache. I don't know where it came from, but I'm alright. I think this  is a long chapter. I had to put in a lot, because my chapters were off in my notebook. Its the end of my spring break. I'm sorry, I should have wrote more. Here we are now, though. So i love you guys, enjoy and leave comments. :) 

Chapter 24:My Everything

“What do you mean you think? If he is, then that’s great right?” I said.

She sounded more alarmed than excited. “I mean yeah, but you don’t think it’s too early? I mean maybe I’m just overreacting, I love him. We’ve been together for three years, of course he wants to marry me, I’ve put up with his bullshit and his tendencies to act like A—“Beth breathe. I think that is amazing if Adam wants to marry you.”

She sighed, “Well I mean, yes it’s amazing, but I don’t know Nia I just don’t think I’m ready to live the marriage life. We’re still young and I know I don’t want anyone else, but him. Holy Shit Nia Adam may ask me to marry him!”

And there is the excitement settling in. “I can’t wait to be down there, so I can crush you in a hug when he proposes.”

 Beth’s laughter dies. “Oh my fucking gosh, stop you’re going to jinx me. Damnit, Nia now I have to go knock on wood.”

I laugh at her hysteria, “Alright I’m sorry.” 

~~~

                School went by fast and I couldn't wait for the gala tonight. Mr. Jones reminded me the times and I thanked him one last time. I go home and prepare to dress up fancy and meet a bunch of people. I decide to wear a black long sleeve dress, with an opening to show the sweetheart chest line which went down to the slimming long back. I wore black heels and felt glamorous.

How I got this beautiful dress you ask?

 Aiden sent it to me, when I told him I had no idea what I wanted to wear. I wasn't telling him so he could buy me one, that wasn't my intention. I wanted to find something else, but when a delivery man came by my job and dropped me off this package, and said it was personally shipped from Aiden Thomas to me, I thought it could have been anything.

                Now staring at myself in the mirror for like ten minutes, I gather my stuff and get in the car to drive to John’s house. Pulling into his driveway and knocking on his door. I was blown away by how handsome he looked. John was cute, and him in this suite was definitely going to get him laid tonight. “Damn love, you look hot.” He lets me in. “Thank you John. You don’t look too bad yourself.” He blushed, “Damn Americans, let’s go before we’re late.” We lock arms and head out the door.

~~~

                We arrive at the event and there were millions of people. People with cameras were everywhere and loads of people in elegant outfits. I began to get nervous and anxious to what this party could bring. When I show my invitation to the security guard, he approves us in and tells us to enjoy.

                “Woah, I have never been somewhere like this.” John said. I nod, agreeing with him. “Where’s your professor?” I spot him out and see Mr. Jones nuzzling up with Erin. She was dressed in a long red dress, with no back. It was quite beautiful.

“Mr. Jones.” I go up to him, his eye light up when he sees me. “Nia, yes, welcome. I would like you to meet some associates of Erin’s.” I smile wide at the two women in front of me.

~~~

                “Edward tells me you want to be writer.” A man that Mr. Jones left me to talk to said.