Chapter 22: Back at Home

Yay! This probably is only a filler and sucks ass, but sometimes we gotta have some of those.

How do you like the new cover? I think it goes well to match the other one. :) Tell me what you think

Enjoy! :D 

P.S. Sorry for any mistakes and make sure you read the questions at the end and read the little note I put about Book Three :D I'm so excited for it. 

Chapter 22: Back at Home

Aiden

My mother was waiting there for us when we landed. She ran into my arms and hugged me tight.  “I missed you son.” I kissed her forehead. “I missed you too mom.”

Beth’s parents were waiting for her and Adam as well. Adam hugs Beth’s parents like his own. His mom wasn't able to meet him here, but I know they we’re supposed to talk about what he told me in the kitchen.

I grab Hope’s seat and my mother helps me carry my things to the car. It was around 7 and I know she was probably tired.

“Mom you don’t need to grab that, I can carry Hope and her bags.”

She ignored me and walked to the car. “Don’t worry about it Aiden. Your mother is strong.” She flexes her arms playfully. I laugh and set Hope in the back. I buckle her seat in and put the rest of our bags in the back of her car.

“I thought you were going to drive my car?” I said, putting on my seatbelt.

 “I was, but yours is dirty and I forgot where you said your keys were.”

It was dark outside. I could make it still

“Mom are you free this weekend?”  I asked her.

She wouldn't mind watching Hope one day, but if I was going to get some stuff done I needed to pack her some clothes.

“Yeah why? Are you trying to go on another trip?”

 I shake my head, “No I just have to do some things and I don’t think I can get someone to watch Hope better than you can. I usually get Brenda to watch her while I’m at school, because Avery and Ashlynn can watch themselves, but I don’t want to use her like you guys did. She’s just a temporary person.”

 I wasn't having Brenda stay with me, I would drop Hope off at her house, which now that I realize it, it reminds me of the hotels we stayed at. “You can drop her off at my house and I’ll take her to Brenda’s.”  I nod, “Thank you mom.”

~~~

I get out the car and walk up to the porch. Knocking on the door, I know they’re here because my father’s Buick is in the driveway. “Coming!” I hear a male voice shout at the door. Seconds later the door is being unlocked and a young blonde boy opens the door. “Oh my gosh you are Aiden Thomas. Aiden Thomas is at my door.” I laugh, not surprised by his reaction. “Is this a dream?”

 I shake my head, “No it’s not. I need to talk to your dad.” He stops hyperventilating to answer my question.

“My dad is dead, so you’re probably talking about my step-dad.”

 I nod, feeling bad for the kid.

“Okay well here he actually is. Hey Richard, the Aiden Thomas is looking for you.” 

My dad comes around the door and look at me.

 “Hey dad.”

“Dad? Woah are you kidding? You didn't say Aiden Thomas was your kid? You said you had a son, but I mean it makes sense now; you both have the same last name and—“Daniel, go tell your mom that we’re going to have a guest for dinner.” Daniel leaves, not even fazed by him lying to them.