Drew part 2, flashback the vow of forever

Months before, Betsy, Drew, Odette and Ethan and Xana were sitting around a table at Tic Tac Joe's. Ethan and Odette were doing shots of tequila together. Betsy wasn't drinking, neither was Xana. Drew was sipping a beer. They were all smoking hookah and laughing in a cloud of smoke. Ethan pulls out a joint and asks for a light.

Odette fumbles through her pockets, finally pulling out her signature engraved Zippo. It's from her days in New York with Betsy. One night she found it on a subway seat. It says "Smile when you hand this back if you want to fuck." Some wealthy hipster must have lost it.

Ethan reads it and laughs, smiling because it's funny before lighting the thick sloppily rolled joint. He takes a hit passing it along with the lighter to Odette. But Xana can read too, she is made that Ethan smiled. He blames it on the weed and the lighter being funny, but Xana isn't appeased.

Drew grits his teeth, he hates Ethan grin and Xana's voice. When the marijuana cigarette reaches him he's tempted to burn Xana but before he can, she stomps inside to pout. Betsy follows suit.

It's just the three of them now. Odette flings her legs into his lap, he's happy again rubbing her ankles. Odette lays back, head on Ethan's shoulder. He grips her feet tighter. He hates others touching her, and her touching others.

She sloppily kisses Ethans' cheek and says "You're mine." to him. "Always." is his response. She looks Drew straight into his steely blue eyes and says "You are mine too." with a laugh. "Just like you're mine he says." coldly. She laughs rolling her eyes.

"The world is mine. Betsy, Lindsay, Adam, everyone. Not Xana though. Ethan can keep her." She loudly says. Cracking up as if she is the funniest comedian to grace the earth. She stands up and pirouettes, before dancing her way inside. The boys, her boys follow her.

Odette wants to sing, so they turn on the karaoke machine. Ethan decides that he should chill at Tic Tac Joe's after it closes more often. Drew says he'll sing a duet with Odette. She laughs and claps deciding on "Forever your girl." by Paula Abdul. It's only fitting after the earlier conversation.

They take turns singing the appropriate parts " Hey baby You gotta remember I'm forever your girl Baby forever...and ever and ever (You know I am)

Baby pick your head up Come on and look me in the face Cuz I can tell that somethin' Is bringin' you down (Why are you down?)

Is it the rumor That another boy Wants to take your place (I hear he's after your heart) Have you been hearin' the stories They're goin' around (All of my friends are talkin')

Baby just remember I gave you my heart Ain't no one gonna tear us apart He could promise the moon And the stars above Even if he promised me the world

Just remember I'm forever your gurl He could promise the world You gotta remember I'm forever your girl

Honey listen to me Your love is all I need You should know that I don't need nothin' That money can buy (It's no lie) So if a boy were to come along And try to make me leave you (Girl I'd go out of my mind) There'd be no need to worry I'm tellin' you why (I need to hear that you really love me)

Baby don't you know that I love you And I'd never put nobody above you He could promise the moon and the stars above Even if he promised me the world

Just remember I'm forever your girl He could promise the world You gotta remember I'm forever your girl

I'm forever your baby Just remember I'm forever your girl He could promise the world You gotta remember I'm forever your girl

When the mountains crumble into the sea That's the day someone'll come Between you and me

Baby just remember I gave you my heart (Tell me) ain't no one gonna tear us apart Baby he could promise me diamonds Even if he promised me pearls Honey you know I ain't lyin' Listen as I tell it to the world

You gotta remember baby remember You gotta remember I'm forever your girl

Baby forever and ever and ever We'll be together I'm forever your girl Baby forever and ever and ever You gotta remember I'm forever... Hey baby he could promise the world

Girl you know I love you And I always will If we live 'til forever I'll be lovin' you I'll be lovin' you still

I'm forever your girl"

Odette dances around the stage shimmying and wiggling her slim hips. Drew stares wanting to devour her right there, and Ethan claps, gazing transfixed, he's captivated by her goofy beauty. Ethan wants to be down on his knees praying devout at her temple. Both are devoted, but Odette only has eyes for one.

Drew takes the lyrics to heart. Deciding it's tangible evidence that she wants him to have her. He forgets to notice that she makes eye contact with Ethan the whole time. Refusing to realize her dance is for Ethan and not for him.