Unwell (come visitor)

Odette and Ethan walk into Tic Tac Joe's. Odette is immediately reminded of Mean Girls, because the cafe goes silent at her entrance. Ethan accompanies her upstairs to pack all of her things. It's gotten to the point where she no longer is content only lounging around in his clothing, but she enjoys the way the way the smell like him so she will continue to steal his hoodies, and hold them hostage until the smell like her and not him.

Everything is packed up and loaded in his car. They go back in. Odette wants to see Lindsay and Drew, she hasn't spoken to either since the night Betsy died but she could swear she's seen Drew's vehicle driving past Ethan's house late at night.

They enter again and order coffee. Drew is curt and Lindsay isn't in. Odette isn't sure what the regular patrons of the perfect little cafe are thinking about when they watch her. Either mourning Betsy or searching to see what the tabloid magazine which had a picture of her and Ethan on the front of it said it saw. The magazine said that Odette looked smart, yet one of the "reporters" quipped that she didn't look smart enough to eat.

Secretly she was pleased that others thought she was all bones and brains. When she looked in the mirror she saw fat that wasn't there. She knew it wasn't there but she also knew it was. Maybe she wasn't weighed down by mass but she was weighed down with sadness.

She kissed Ethan's cheek and walked up to the unoccupied karaoke stage. She was going to sing to him, even though he had been hearing a lot of her singing voice lately. One morning she was in the bathroom with the shower running. He came in without knocking to grab his toothbrush, he found her crying on the bathroom floor with the handle of hers shoved down her throat.

He sighed and said "Involuntary psychiatric evaluation." And walked out. He later explained that if she kept doing this to herself he would make her get treatment. She knew he didn't want to. She knew he knew she'd resent him for it. She doubted he'd actually do it.

In that moment where he threatened her for her own good she had a fleeting worry that they would be one of those couples. The kind constantly abusing and hurting each other. She didn't feel that Ethan was being abusive, or think he was even capable of it. But even if it was abusive to make someone try to recover, she liked that he wanted her to. She thought that maybe she was more fucked up than she realized.

He researched what they do at inpatient facilities. He learned that they have to sing while in the bathroom. You can't sing and puke. Whenever she is in the bathroom he makes her sing.

But she had to sing this for him anyway, wanted him to hear what she needed to say but felt unable to voice. The music started and she sang

" All day staring at the ceiling Making friends with shadows on my wall All night hearing voices telling me That I should get some sleep Because tomorrow might be good for something

Hold on Feeling like I'm headed for a breakdown And I don't know why

But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell I know right now you can't tell But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see A different side of me I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired I know right now you don't care But soon enough you're gonna think of me And how I used to be...me

I'm talking to myself in public Dodging glances on the train And I know, I know they've all been talking about me I can hear them whisper And it makes me think there must be something wrong with me Out of all the hours thinking Somehow I've lost my mind

But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell I know right now you can't tell But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see A different side of me I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired I know right now you don't care But soon enough you're gonna think of me And how I used to be

I've been talking in my sleep Pretty soon they'll come to get me Yeah, they're taking me away

But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell I know right now you can't tell But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see A different side of me I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired I know right now you don't care But soon enough you're gonna think of me And how I used to be

Yeah, how I used to be How I used to be Well, I'm just a little unwell How I used to be How I used to be I'm just a little unwell"

Ethan ran up on stage and kissed her. Like always the world fell away as they kissed, they were so enveloped by one other that the didn't notice as the doors swung open and Anthony strutted inside, like the vindictive, vicious little monster he was.