A drunken attempt.

Ethan sat at the edge of the shore. The rolling tides soaked his jeans and barefeet. He was drunk, and still little high. He was in shock, dazed from the nights' events. Sometime after Odette left he broke up with Xana. She was shocked, storming off vowing to get him back.

Xana truly loved Ethan, it was an unhealthy love, based mostly on a desire to control. But she loved him, even if it was in her own misguided way. Ethan knew deep down, at one point he loved her too. Odette changed things though. Odette made him realize that love shouldn't be what he had with Xana.

Ethan cried, he mused that it was fitting for it to be raining. He didn't realize that it was simply ocean water being carried by the cool breeze that was hitting his face.

Eventually Adam found him, standing next to the shell-shocked form of his best friend with a hand clasped on his shoulder, he said "Odette is safe, she's staying at Drew's place tonight. He texted me earlier. I thought you'd wanna know."

Ethan looked up at Adam, and said "Thanks man, I gotta make a phone call."

Ethan stood up and walked towards his grandiose beach house. He called a cab and went to Drew's condominium.

Ethan used the bottom of his fist to bang on the door, comprised of a cheap wood. The door was opened shortly, Drew's light facial hair gave him a gruff appearance. "Whaddaya want?" He said in an angry mumble. Ethan could see through the open segment that Odette was sitting on the stairs, small arms wrapped around frail legs.

"I have to speak to Odette." Ethan urgently slurred.

"No asshole." Drew grunted in response.

Ethan ignored him, pressing against the door trying to get in. "Baby. Baby. Come on, please sweetheart I need you." He called to Odette. "Please." he begged. Every time he spoke and she painfully ignored him he felt as though he would die.

Drew shoved him backwards and shut the door. Ethan fell on the porch. He pulled out his phone and called his mom. "Mom," he cried. "I messed up."

"Ethan? What's wrong?" His now worried mother frantically responded.

"She hates me mom. Odette hates me. Xana and I broke up and Odette hates me"

His mother was very confused. She couldn't really understand why her twenty-five year old son was calling her in the middle of the night, or why he was crying.

Odette walked on to the porch and hugged Ethan, grabbing the phone from him. "Mrs. Parkers," She said, "It's Odette. Please do not worry. Ethan is very drunk and very upset right now, I'll take care of him and he'll call you in the morning."

His mother thanked her. Odette sat down and said "Ethan, look at me. You're fucking trashed. I think you're probably at black out level. But if you remember anything about tonight, remember this please."

Ethan nodded excitedly. "Of course. I love you." He responded.

"Ethan, you don't love me. You don't care about me. You were only curious. It's okay though, I understand. I do not hate you, you really were my best friend. I could never hate you. But you are no longer welcome in my life."

"No, I do care. I love you Odette." Ethan drunkenly pleaded. Odette gently shook her head in disagreement. Tears fell from her eyes.

"I can't believe you." She said in a sad whisper, with a devastated shrug of her shoulders.

"I'll prove it." Ethan declared, before passing out.