The Long Drive Home.

"You asked Betsy if heroin gave her an anorexic body but bulimia breath?" Ethan asked incredulously. Xana shrugged in response.

"What the hell Xana? You can't just say shit like that. It's rude. It was probably really hurtful and offensive to Et and Betsy." He said, chastising her and hoping she'd show some form of remorse, if ever so slight.

"I don't see why Et got all upset, she is not a recovering addict. It was a serious question." Xana said in an attempt to defend herself.

"Well Betsy is her best friend, of course she'd get upset. And Et is sensitive about that stuff." Ethan said growing more and more annoyed with Xana.

"About what stuff?" Xana asked in a rude tone.

"Self harm, suicide, depression, eating disorders, drug use." Ethan listed.

" Oh whatever. She is fucking freak." Xana said.

Ethan remembered a time when he loved Xana, but lately he couldn't remember how that felt. If he was going to be honest with himself, the only reason he stayed with Xana was to avoid the inevitable scene she would make. The majority of their relationship was Ethan constantly appeasing Xana.

He sighed and gripped the steering wheel harder as he pulled into the driveway.