Beachtime Buzz

Ethan sat looking at the new script when Adam, his best friend, sat down next to him. Ethan told him about what happened that morning. Adam then said

"Wait, hold on. You met some hot coffeemaker and stole her number?".

"I didn't steal it, I just tricked her into calling me."

"That's a little creepy dude." Adam said.

"Is it? So I shouldn't text her?"

"No, you can't commit such sketchy acts of future stalker behavior and not follow through. Texting her is now mandatory." Adam informed, adding "So are you trying to cheat on Xana or leave her?"

"Neither. Odette is hot most definitely, but I wouldn't do that to Xana. I just want to be her friend." Ethan said.

"You are doing this just to befriend her? The fuck man?" Adam laughed. Ethan was the best guy he knew, a little strange, but goodhearted.

"Yeah, I mean. Have you ever wanted to be friends with someone but not known how to get there? Like you figured they were way to cool for you but you had to try anyway?" Ethan asked.

"No, I always just make friends." Said Adam. "Are you saying you have a friend crush on this girl?"

"I guess it is a friend crush. And of course you don't feel awkward. You're a musician, it's your job to be cool."

"My job is actually to play music," Adam quipped, "and your job is to pretend, so pretend you're cool enough to be her bud and stop acting all awkward."

Ethan decided that Adam was right, he dialed Odette and texted her saying

"What's up?"

She responded with "In a debate about feminism."

"What about feminism is up for debate?"

"This douche bag says sex positive feminism doesn't exist."

"I don't know much about feminism, but isn't part of it about loving your body? That seems good for one's sex life."

"THANK YOU. Gah, this is why I'm a misanthrope. I'm going upstairs."

Before Ethan typed a response he opened his dictionary app. Once he knew what misanthrope meant he sent, "Yeah some people suck."

"Misogynists suck the most."

Again he needed the dictionary. He smiled as he looked the word up, nothing was as appealing as a clever girl.

"Are you coming to the beach tonight?" he texted her.

"Yeah, Betsy really wants to go, Drew does too. If that is okay?"

"That's perfect. I'll invite a few people too. Drew the baristo?"