Phase One

Tic Tak Joe's was busy and Odette was getting flustered. She was constantly making complicated orders. She held her tounge and served them with a smile but she was ranting on the inside. What is the point of a half-caf latte with expresso shots?

When Ethan reached the counter she flung off her apron, turned to Drew and curtly said "I'm on break." Ethan figured she would do something similar. He ordered his regularly "Joe with no frills." Drew served him and said, "I hope she never forgives you."

Ethan took his coffee and smiled. He neglected to tip Drew. Ethan was tempted to join Odette in her fortress of solitude like he had the night he met her, he thought better of it though. He didn't want to scare her away.

He walked over to the Lindsay and asked to speak her instead. She knew Odette was upset with Ethan, and she knew Ethan wanted a second chance. Ethan informed her of his plan for tonight. She laughed and decided to help him.

The cafes' lights dimmed and he walked on to the stage. The patrons quieted politely. The music started and Ethan picked up the karaoke microphone, he looked over at Odette, she was behind a book pretending to ignore him but he could see her eyes peering over the top of the novel.

He began to sing " There goes my baby Moving on down the line

Wonderin where,

wonderin where

She is bound

I broke her heart and

made her cry

Now I'm alone

So all alone

What can I do

what can I do..."

He sang, dancing around the stage. He kept his eyes on her. He took it as a good sign when she laughed and rolled her eyes.

He continued singing

" I...just wanna tell her

That i love her and t

hat I need her Beside my side

To be my guide

I wanna know Where is my... Where is my baby... I want my baby... I need my baby... Yeah...oohh..."

The song ended, the crowd cheered. Ethan hopped off the stage and ran towards Odette, but by the time he got to her favorite leather chair she was already gone.

Drew walked past Ethan delivering desserts to a table, he coldly said "It'll take more than singing a little song pretty boy."

Ethan didn't care what it took. "Then it's time for phase two." He said kindly in response.