Twist

Odette was laying on Ethan's couch, the material felt the cold against her bare skin. She was baring a lot of skin, only in her thin white bra and cerulean boy short panties. She had spent the night at his house, they stayed on the beach until the early morning, she hoped Ethan didn't get reprimanded by the make up artists on set for lack of proper sleep. There was an unbearable heatwave going on. She was drinking lemonade out of a glass, it was more ice than liquid and more tart lemon than zero calorie sugar substitute. Her lemonade was semi-homemade and just the way she preferred it. Too sour, painful to taste, sometimes it left sores in her mouth when she drank too much of it.

She stuck her long slender hand in the glass and fingered an ice cube, she stuck it into her mouth and sucked all of the sour flavoring off. She then trailed the ice cube down her outstretched neck and over her smooth stomach. Twirling the fast melting frozen square over the tops on her thighs, until nothing was left.

She set one foot on the floor and left the other leg dangling off the arm of the couch. She started to write

"A cease, in the heat wave. 

Indian summer nights, 

Scorching sunny days.

Air conditioning and whirring fans still on  

There is a chill in her bones, 

it causes an ankle pain.

Sprawled on the couch, 

Legs far apart. 

The chill started in her toes, 

has crawled up to thighs,

there is a blanket on the floor  

that she kicked off earlier. 

Her hand strokes- 

the chill on her thigh, 

frigid flesh. 

slowly warms."

She let go off the lined notebook paper she had defiled, letting it slowly float towards the hardwood floors. She removed another cube of ice and began her cool down method once more. Ethan entered the house loudly, Odette jerked in surprise. Ethan was slightly damp with sweat and breathing hard.

"Hot." He panted.

"I'm glad you're home. I put some body paint in the fridge this morning, thought maybe we could play a game today." She said with a breathy voice.

Ethan swallowed hard, and thought about how inconvenient having a girlfriend was. He wanted Odette, but he was thankful for Xana, he didn't want to put his friendship with Odette in peril. Before Ethan had always thought guys who complained about the "friendzone" were assholes, if you're lucky enough to have a girl trust you completely you shouldn't complain that you aren't having sex with her, and if you do complain you probably aren't worth the sex anyway. Yet, in moments like this when Odette was so effortlessly sexy he couldn't help but think "Damn."

"What kind of game?" He asked.

"I want to set up twister in the backyard and put the cold body paint in the proper colored circles, then play twister." She answered.

"Really?" Ethan thought to himself, he was gaining more empathy for the friendzoned guys.