Rena (Andou)

"Oh shut up!" Rena yelled across the Tankery shed towards Ruka who stood before her ARL-44.

"You-" Ruka started to retort, stopping as Marie interjected.

"That's enough. We came here to discuss our tactics, not for you two to have another of your petty arguments"

"Bah!" Rena scolded, waving her hand off in Ruka's direction as she turned towards her S35 which was behind her.

"Hm!" Ruka then retorted, turning her head away in disgust.

Marie let out a sigh at the sight of this. "This is partially why we lost against Ooarai..."

"But she was-"

"And they didn't-"

"Enough!" Marie yelled, raising to her feet before letting out another long sigh as she sat back down on the back of her Renault FT.

"If you two spent as much time practicing as you did arguing we would've won all of last years battles and this years too..."

After taking a short pause and letting out a long breath Marie spoke again with a smile, "The important thing now is that we work together to become as effective as possible. Right?"

"Right!" The pair then begrudgingly answered in unison, ever so slight smiles forming on each of their faces as they turned towards each other once again.

"Good. Now let us begin..."

---Timeskip---

After a long discussion with Marie regarding tactics and strategy she told them both to leave as they were starting to argue once again. Them both bringing up their own opinions regarding the division within the school while Marie tried to get them to see that it shouldn't be something that is moved into their Tankery team.

"What a waste of time... And now I'm late." Rena muttered to herself as she began to walk away from the shed, her mind wandering to a certain someone.

"Do you care about anyone but yourself?" She then heard a familiar voice call out in a slightly angered tone, causing her to stop in her tracks.

"Do you?" She softly replied, not turning around.

Ruka was taken aback by her reversal of the question and let out a sigh.

"Look, I know we have our differences but can we at least look past that for the sake of our whole team?"

"You... You're right Ruka" Rena replied in a soft tone.

"I do want us to be able to work together. Just like when we were young" She then added, a genuine smile forming on her face this time as she cast her mind back to her childhood...

---Flashback---

"You can't catch me~" Rena yelled as she ran around the small grassed backyard, Ruka following quickly behind her.

"Yes I can!"

As the pair played together their parents, from vastly different backgrounds looked on happily.

---Timeskip---

As the pair grew older their families moved apart and it wasn't until they reached high school that they would see each other again.

"Rena!"

"Ruka!"

The pair yelled to each other as they lunched forward and hugged tightly.