Anchovy

Authors Note: The image used above is not mine and is the property of 'みり' on Pixiv.

"So would you like to go out for pasta tonight?" Pepperoni asked, as she, Carpaccio and Anchovy were leaving school at the end of the day.

"Sure~" Carpaccio replied happily.

"What about you Anchovy?"

"I'd like to but... I a-already have p-plans for d-dinner..."

"You do?!"

"Ooooh, dinner with your boyfriend eh?" Pepperoni said with a smirk.

Upon hearing this, Anchovy's face began to heat up as she replied "H-He's n-not my boyfriend!"

"Whatever you say~"

"I... I need to g-go get ready. I'll see you two later!" Anchovy yelled as she began to run off in the direction of her apartment...

---Timeskip---

After Anchovy had entered her apartment and gotten changed out of her school clothes, she glanced over at the clock on the wall which read 4:00.

"I should get ready as quick as possible, I want to spend as much time as I can with him tonight..." Anchovy said softly as she began to pull ingredients out of cupboards and the fridge.

Soon she was making the dough of a pizza perfect for two...

"Oh crap! I didn't ask him what sort of pizza he likes!" Anchovy yelled as a nervous expression covered her face.

"But I couldn't could I... If I did, tonight wouldn't have been a surprise. I guess it'll just have to be my favorite toppings then!" Anchovy said with a renewed smile as she began to finish her pizza and put it into the oven.

Whilst the pizza was cooking, Anchovy went over to her wardrobe and thought about which outfit she should wear for tonight.

"How about this cute outfit?~" She mused as she held it up in front of herself as she looked into the mirror.

"But then again... I-It's not like this is a date or anything..." Anchovy said with a saddened expression as she lowered her head.

---Flashback---

"Ooooh, dinner with your boyfriend eh?"

"H-He's n-not my boyfriend!"

---Flashback End---

"M-Maybe he is..." Anchovy whispered to herself as she thought over what she was doing tonight.

"Would a girl surprise a guy with a dinner like this if she wasn't his girlfriend?..."

Anchovy then held up the dress to herself again a wide smile forming on her face, "If I'm going to do this I might as well try to make his jaw drop~"

---Timeskip---

Soon after Anchovy had chosen what to wear, she took the pizza she made out of the oven and inspected it.

"Perfect, he's going to love this~" She said with a confident smile.

"I hope..."

After putting the pizza into a box, Anchovy had begun the short walk from her apartment to his.

---Timeskip---

As Anchovy approached his apartment door, her heart rate began to climb rapidly, and her mind kept repeating Carpaccio's words "Ooooh, dinner with your boyfriend eh?".

"It'll be fine..." She whispered to herself as she knocked on the door tentatively.

"Who *cough* is it?..." She heard a faint voice reply.

"It's me~" Anchovy said with a cheery voice.

"I'm *cough* *cough* coming..."

Anchovy then gasped when she saw Carlo's sickened expression and hunched stance.

"C-Carlo!"

"Anchovy?!" Carlo said with a surprised expression as he saw that she was dressed in a beautiful dress holding a box in one hand.

"What's wrong with-" Anchovy started, stopping when Carlo started to fall towards her.

 "Carlo!"

---Timeskip---

"Please wake up!" Anchovy yelled as she held his hand tightly.

"Urgh... Where... Where *cough* am I?..."

"You're in your apartment in bed. You pretty much passed out in front of me, remember?"

"O-Oh *cough* yeah... I remember..." Carlo stuttered out as he turned his head towards Anchovy, who was looking at him with a worried expression as she continued to hold his hand tightly.

"A-Are you a-alright?"

"Y-Yeah *cough* I'm... I'm fine *cough*..." He replied, a smile forming on his lips as he began to speak again, "So what *cough* brought you here tonight? You look like you're *cough* ready to go on a date all *cough* dressed up like that~"

Anchovy blushed immediately at his comment, "I... I..."

"So why did *cough* you come here? A-And *cough* why did you bring *cough* a pizza?" he asked as he gestured to the box Anchovy had brought with her.

"W-Why do you t-think?!" she yelled in reply, squeezing his hand even tighter.

"I-I don't know..."

"I w-wanted us t-to h-have dinner together, t-that was my d-date..." she said softly as she looked away from him to hide her blushing face.

"Y-You *cough* did?!"

"Y-Yes!" she responded, tears forming in her eyes from her nerves.

"B-But w-why *cough* would you want to h-have d-dinner *cough* with m-me?..."

"B-Because I r-really l-like you, you idiot!" she replied, tears now streaming down her face as she turned to Carlo.

He didn't reply to her words, but a confused and surprised expression began to cover his face...

"I-I'll j-just leave..." Anchovy muttered, hanging her head low as she began to let go of Carlo's hand.

"W-Wait!" Carlo finally responded, gripping her hand tightly "I... *cough* I r-really like y-you too..."

Anchovy gasped at his words turning around to face him with tears still pouring out of her eyes, "P-Please d-don't play with me like that..."

"I'm not~" Carlo said with a warm smile as he pulled her closer to him.

As Anchovy moved back next to the bed, she knelt beside it, her face still bright red as she looked into Carlo's eyes.

"Actually Anchovy, I don't *cough* think 'like' is *cough* a good enough word... I think love is better~"

"Y-You l-l-love m-me?!" Anchovy stuttered out, struggling to speak.

"Yes~" Carlo replied as he cupped her face in his hands and pulled it closer to his...

The pair then shared a short kiss, after which they simply stared at each other in silence for a short while...

---Timeskip---

"I'm *cough* so glad you came Anchovy~" Carlo said with a smile as he took a bite of the pizza.

"S-So am I~"

"By the way, *cough* this pizza is really good, I love it~"

"I'I'm g-glad, I a-actually made it m-myself..." Anchovy said shakily as she looked away bashfully.

"That *cough* makes it even better~" Carlo said with a wide smile.

"T-Thank y-you~"