Hana

"Where could he be?" Hana mused to herself as she walked to school alone, storm clouds gathering above her head.

"It's going to rain again today I guess..." Hana added with a sigh as she glanced up at the threatening skies...

---Timeskip---

After a long and somewhat lonely first half of the day, Hana now sat by herself picking at her lunch with a fork.

Normally she would eat with her close friend and long time crush, Andy. However he had been absent from school for the last few days and she was beginning to worry where he might be.

"I hope nothing happened to him..."

"Hey Hana~" Saori greeted as she sat down in the seat opposite Hana.

"Hello Saori~"

"So what's got you down?" Saori asked immediately, a frown forming on her face.

"What do you mean?..."

"I could see from across the room that you're down in the dumps... So what's wrong? You normally seem so happy, and at this time of day you normally talking happily with..." Saori cut herself off as she saw Hana's expression change.

"Well I didn't expect that~" Saori said as a smirk grew on her face.

"W-What?"

"You're upset because your boyfriend isn't here~"

"W-Wha?! H-He's not my boyfriend!"

"Yeah yeah, we've all heard it before. Why is it whenever someone likes someone else they end up sounding like a broken record?..."

"I-It's true though!"

"Maybe so, but I know you want him to be your boyfriend~"

"Of course I d-" Hana started, cutting herself off as she thought through her words.

"Well regardless, I bet he's really lonely right now..."

"Y-You know w-where he is?!"

"Of course I do~"

"W-Where?! Is s-something wrong?!" Hana said in an elevated tone, causing everyone in the cafeteria to look her way.

"A-Ah..." Hana muttered as she lowered her head, her face turning bright red.

"Hahaha, that was priceless. You really do miss him don't you?"

"N-No I just..." Hana started, stopping herself as Saori looked at her with an unconvinced expression.

"Maybe I do..."

Saori let out a high pitch squeal at her words as a wide smile formed on her face.

"Well then you should go see him~ He's at his apartment, he's been really sick with the flu the last few days so that's why he hasn't been here. So you should go look after him~"

"R-Right!" Hana replied swiftly rising to her feet, grabbing her bag and heading out of the cafeteria. As she walked out she felt her heart rate increase and her face heat up as she realised what she'd said to Saori, who now had a large smirk covering her face.

"I knew you were perfect for him..."

---Timeskip---

As Hana approached Andy's apartment door, she felt her heart rate continue to climb as she knocked.

*knock* *knock*

"*cough* *cough* Who's there?..."

"I-It's m-me... H-Hana!"

"Hana?..." Andy muttered as she shakily rose from his bed and walked over to the door, opening before heading back towards his bed.

"H-How are you g-going?..." Hana asked shakily as she tried to overcome her nerves.

"*cough* just great~" Andy muttered jokingly in reply.

"*cough* *cough* So what do I owe *cough* the pleasure of your company?" Andy asked with a chuckle, gesturing for Hana to sit on a chair next to his bed as he laid back down.

"S-Saori told me you were s-sick and..."

"And what? *cough* *cough*"

"I-I w-wanted t-to..." Hana stuttered, her face turning red as she realised what she was about to say.

"*cough* *cough* A-Are you sure *cough* you're not the one who's sick?~" Andy mused jokingly as he raised his hand to her forehead upon seeing how red her face was.

Once he'd realised what he just done, he felt his own face heat up even more, jerking his hand back quickly.

"U-Uh I... Hana I'm er... I'm s-sorry I..."

Hana let out a small sigh as a smile formed on her face, "I-It's a-alright... I d-don't mind..."

"S-So er... W-What were you *cough* *cough* going to say before?..."

"W-Well I..." Hana paused again, feeling her anger at herself grow.

(Hana in head) "Just tell him already!"

"I came here to look after you!"

"A-Ah..." Andy stuttered upon hearing her words, feeling his heart rate increase dramatically.

"*cough* Y-You did?..."

"Y-Yes... I've... I've really missed you the last f-few days and... I h-hate knowing you were sick and I d-din't help you..."

A smile grew on Andy's face as he replied, "The only *cough* *cough* reason I didn't tell you was because *cough* I didn't want you wasting your time..."

"M-My time is n-never wasted when I'm w-with you..." Hana said as she tentatively interlocked her fingers with his, gripping one of his hands softly.

"H-Hana..."

"I don't care what it is, I'll a-always b-be here for you~" Hana added as she began to tilt her head in towards his.

Once their faces were mere inches apart, Hana realised what she'd almost done and began to pull her head back in fear.

"A-Andy I s-shouldn't h-have er..."

Andy then quickly wrapped his arm around Hana's neck and pulled her head down towards him, pressing his lips against her's tightly.

After a short time the pair parted, resting their foreheads against each other as they looked into each other's eyes.

"I love you Hana~"

"I love you too~"