Maho

"Commander... Commander... Commander!"

"H-Huh?... W-What is it Erika?"

"You were just starring off into space... Is everything alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine" Maho responded coldly.

"If you say so..."

"Lets just finish practice..."

---Timeskip---

After finish Tankery practice, Erika and Maho were walking together out of the school.

"Are you sure you're alright? You look sad or something..."

"I... I told you I'm fine"

"I know you did, but I can see that something's bothering you"

Although she was trying to hide her thoughts, all of Erika's questioning had led to Maho thinking about him again.

"N-Nothing's b-bothering me!" Maho said in a slightly elevated tone, her face heating up as her thoughts wandered to Paul.

Erika turned in surprise at Maho raising her voice, and a smirk grew on her face when she saw how red Maho's face now was.

"Oh..."

"W-What?" Maho asked, looking away. Trying hide her red face.

"So it has to do with him then does it?" Erika asked in a sly tone.

"I-I don't know w-what you mean..."

"Of course you don't~" Erika started with a grin growing on her face "Anyway now that I think about it. He must be so lonely all by himself, with no one to look after him while he's sick, it must be awful..."

A worried expression formed on Maho's face at Erika's words and she began to stutter "Uh... I... I..."

"Geez, if you're that worried, why don't you just go and check on him~"

"B-But w-wouldn't I be i-intruding?..."

"He's sick, I'm sure he'd happily receive any company... Especially yours~"

"O-Okay... I-I'll go see him t-then" Maho stuttered out as she began to walk in the direction of Paul's apartment.

"Good~ That's what girlfriends do after all~"

Maho gasped at what Erika said, and wanted to respond, but instead she just waved her off as she walked.

---Timeskip---

As Maho approached Paul's apartment, her mind raced with thoughts about what Erika had said. Thoughts like, 'Why was she so nervous to go see him' and 'why did her heart start beating ten times faster when Erika mentioned her being his girlfriend?'

These thoughts swirled around her head until she reached the door to the apartment. She almost walked right in, but felt her hand shake as she went to grab the door knob. Instead she knocked on the door twice.

"C-Come *cough* in..." She heard a weak but familiar voice reply.

As Maho walked into the apartment, she could see Paul rise from his bed and begin to stumble towards her, resting his arm on the wall to support himself.

"*cough* M-Maho?!" he asked in shock as he raised his head to see her.

Maho gasped in response when she saw him look at her, he had a sickened expression on his face and looked as if he had no strength left.

"W-What are *cough* you doing *cough* here?..." Paul stuttered as he lost his balance and fell forwards towards Maho, who quickly reacted and stepped forward to grab him.

"Hey! Are you alright?!" She asked with a worried voice as she held him in her arms.

"Y-Yeah..."

"Let's get you back into bed~"

"But-"

"No buts!" Maho yelled in response as she half carried Paul back to his bed and put the covers over him.

"Y-You're a *cough* guest, I should-" Paul started, cut of by Maho who put one hand gently on his shoulder and the other to her lips.

"Shhh. It's alright~" Maho said confidently with a smile as Paul rolled his head to the side and looked back into her eyes.

"J-Just rest, I'll... L-Look after y-you~" Maho stuttered as her nerves returned upon looking him in the eye and realising the situation she was in, again her face began to heat up as Paul watched her with a confused expression.

"Y-You came *cough* all this way f-for me?..." Paul asked as a blush grew on his own face.

"O-Of course I d-did~ I... c-couldn't stop t-thinking about y-you..." Maho said as she turned away to hide her blushing face.

"Well that's *cough* a surprise~" Paul said in a joking tone, closing his eyes and chuckling a bit "And ironic..."

"Ironic?" Maho asked with a quizzical expression, feeling some of her nerves begin to dissipate.

"I *cough* *cough* couldn't stop thinking about you either~" Paul answered with a blushing face, looking Maho directly in the eye.

"T-Thats n-not a funny joke!" Maho replied, looking away from him in embarrassment.

"I'm *cough* not joking..." he responded bluntly.

"W-Why would you b-be thinking about m-me?..."

"Well that's *cough* the question isn't it~" Paul joked with all the confidence he could muster, the blush on his face growing.

"T-There's n-no r-reason why y-you should..."

"I can think of one *cough* reason~"

"W-What would that b-be?"

"Because *cough* I... Well I... *cough*" Paul started, feeling his nerves get the better of him as he struggled to speak.

He gently took Maho's hand and squeezed it tightly as she gasped and turned her gaze to his eyes. 

"I-I'm really t-terrible at t-this aren't I?~" Paul joked as he gathered his courage "I *cough* really like... I love you Maho"

Maho gasped at what Paul said and felt her heart skip a beat as she struggled to comprehend what he just said.

"I-I *cough* know t-there are better g-guys out *cough* there f-for you but..." Paul started as tears formed in his eyes, not knowing how Maho would respond.

"I love you too..." Maho said softly as she looked at the ground, squeezing his hand as tears fell out of her eyes.

"*cough* W-What d-did y-y-you j-just say?

"I love you too!" Maho yelled in response, looking up at him with tear filled eyes as she clutched his hand in both of hers "T-There's no better g-guy for me, I... I only w-want y-you!"

Upon hearing this Paul began to breathe short shallow breaths as he tentatively leaned forward and wrapped his arms around Maho's back.

"I-I've felt t-this *cough* way for s-so long... I j-just *cough* was too scared to s-say anything..."

"I wanted to t-tell y-you too, b-but I t-thought you reject m-me..."

"I'd *cough* never do t-that. I *cough* w-want to b-be with you always~"

"I-I want to b-be with y-you as well~" Maho replied as tears streamed down her face and wide smile formed on her lips...